IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dealer Holdback
There's something called "dealer holdback". There's a website that gives the amount or percent of holdback by Manufacturer. Here's a writeup on it from the Edmunds site. [link|http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback|Holdback]

Usually, $100 over invoice is about as good as it gets, unless you find a day that noone is buying. A very wet, bad weather day. If the dealer hasn't made their sales quota, end of month can be promising, too.

My wife is the queen of negotiations. She won't buy unless she's in the holdback. My mother had a deal on a used car about 2 years ago. Before she said "yes", she called my wife and my wife managed to get an additional $2000 off of the deal.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin Sept. 7, 2005, 11:06:17 PM EDT
New When I bought my minivan...
I walked out of the office. There was still 2K on the table and I wasn't going to budge. The guy kept calling me..."How 'bout we tint the windows fer ya?" To which I replied,"Timmy, Timmy, Timmy. Tinted windows are standard on this model. Buh Bye!"

This went on until the middle of the month when he finally relented.

As Peter Venkmann said, "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." Don't mess with me when I'm bargaining. You will end up with a bloody stump.

Peace,
me

Pray for the survivors of Katrina.
New ICLRPD. (new thread)
Created as new thread #223603 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=223603|ICLRPD.]
     Are car dealers haggling anymore? - (mmoffitt) - (24)
         down here lots of haggle room, was at the ford dealer monday - (boxley)
         I'm about to go used. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
             they dont "make" it back with the financing - (boxley)
             I think you'll have trouble finding a diesel Toyo or Honda. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Two things I'm looking for: - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                     spend 4k more and get new - (boxley) - (2)
                         Because 6k is pushing it. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             You can probably get a 2000 Corolla for ~ $4 - 5k. - (Another Scott)
                     Old Joke: Pick 2: (Reliable, Fuel Efficient, Inexpensive) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Driven a '05 - (Ashton)
         Do your homework first. - (Yendor) - (6)
             Seconded: seen it Work 3x now. Any less effort: Lose$$ -NT - (Ashton)
             Definitely don't do that - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 I don't think he said that you should - (Ashton)
                 Re: Definitely don't do that - (Yendor) - (2)
                     Good advice. - (mmoffitt)
                     Miscommunication, I was agreeing with you -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Back in '98 - (imqwerky) - (6)
             everyone here knows that "invoice" is kack right? - (boxley) - (5)
                 Which is why you pay CU or probably several others, now - (Ashton) - (1)
                     If he wants a Toy, he should remember BT's recent experience - (Another Scott)
                 Dealer Holdback - (gdaustin) - (2)
                     When I bought my minivan... - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         ICLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)

Aw, good for him.
83 ms