IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not so.
"After all, its a technology designed to hurt MS."

Java is a technology designed to be widely useful. The fact that it hurts Microsoft is strictly incidental. Further, it wouldn't hurt Microsoft either if they were not an abusive monopoly.

The ZDNet article is written from Microsoft press releases and does not bring up the monopoly problem. It's pretty certain Sun will jump on any anti-trust charges they can find and getting an injunction on XP would really give them a thrill.
[link|www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New actually, I'd say
The fact that it hurts Microsoft is an added bonus :-)

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New The Java Jive
Java was not designed to hurt anybody, it is just a side-effect that it hurts Microsoft because it allows programs to be run on any platform that supports Java and the JVM.

I wonder if Microsoft put C# into XP if it would do anything? They cannot put in Java, and C# isn't Java, but can compete with it. Remember when BASIC was part of the OS (or ROM as the case may or may not have been?) and almost everyone who was into Microcomputers knew some form of BASIC?

Ah now, if only Microsoft could make IE optional to XP, and have it so that if you try to access a web page, it asks you if you want to download it? :) Or better still, it asks you if you want to download another browser instead? Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, etc. ;)
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
     Monopoly fallout - No Java in WinXP - (Andrew Grygus) - (16)
         Online story link - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             Not so. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 actually, I'd say - (SpiceWare)
                 The Java Jive - (orion)
         This move will propel Java like never before. - (brettj) - (10)
             Way, way overly optomistic. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                 Won't site administrators be able to warn IE users of this? - (brettj) - (4)
                     Already possible - (Fearless Freep)
                     Already possible - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                         I might stand corrected, then. - (addison)
                     Not really. - (addison)
                 One comment. - (inthane-chan)
                 ZD Net's take on the Java news - (brettj) - (1)
                     Re: Another view on MS's actions - (dmarker2)
                 Not if Sun plays it's card right - (Don)
         2 new articles. A call to arms goes out. - (brettj)

Why do you pepper spray me so often?
85 ms