IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Myth III Demo is out
Seeing LOTR yesterday got me to investigate some of those fantasy RPG war games once again.

I've played Diablo II and currently have Baldur's Gate II. But I've been looking forward to the release of Myth III ever since I saw the trailers.

So yesterday evening I managed to fight through several overloaded FTP server links and get a clean download of the Myth III demo. (~94 MB)

I have to say it's pretty cool. It runs quite smoothly on my Rev. B TiBook under OS X (It can also run under OS 9 and there's a Windows ver. as well.) The controls are pretty intuitive, the graphics are excellent and all in all it looks like a lot of fun

For those who haven't tried the Myth series from Bungie, it's a game that allows you to control a host of warriors consisting of soldiers, wizards, dwarves, archers and what-have-you to accomplish a particular mission. (Usually consisting of beating the snot out of the enemy.) The player perspective is the usual for god-games and you can move the camera views around to your liking to get a better view of the battleground. Each unit has specific abilities such as healing, throwing magic, setting explosives and so forth so deciding how to deploy them is key to victory.

I can't wait for the final release....

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

- "Surely you have considered terrorist activity?"
There was another pause. Then the spokesman said, in the quiet tones of
someone who has had enough and who is going to quit after this and raise
chickens somewhere, "Yes, I suppose we must. All we need to do is find some
terrorists who are capable of taking an entire nuclear reactor out of its
can while it's running and without anyone noticing. It weighs about a
thousand tons and is forty feet high. So they'll be quite *strong*
terrorists. Perhaps you'd like to ring them up, sir, and ask them questions
in that supercilious, accusatory way of yours."
-- The BBC interviews a nuclear spokesperson
(Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)
New Sigh. Oh for Sword of Aragon II.
That's a mythical remake of one of the early very fine fantasy/strategic wargames. Written in QuickBasic, even.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
     Myth III Demo is out - (tjsinclair) - (1)
         Sigh. Oh for Sword of Aragon II. - (wharris2)

I am LRPD of Borg. Refreshing is useless. You will be addicted.
30 ms