IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Iran praises Iraq's new constitution
[link|http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3494|http://www.iranfocus....php?storyid=3494]

A senior Iranian cleric welcomed on Friday the establishment of an Islamic republic in Iraq and hailed the country\ufffds new constitution as one based on \ufffdIslamic precepts\ufffd.

Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, who heads the powerful ultra-conservative Guardian Council, told worshippers in Tehran\ufffds Friday prayers, \ufffdFortunately, after years of effort and expectations in Iraq, an Islamic state has come to power and the constitution has been established on the basis of Islamic precepts\ufffd.

\ufffdWe must congratulate the Iraqi people and authorities for this victory\ufffd, he said.

Jannati, who is a top confidant of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said that all justice-seeking counties of the world \ufffdhave no model other than the Islamic revolution in Iran to turn to\ufffd.

\ufffdLebanese Hezbollah and the state of Iraq are not the only supporters of the Islamic revolution\ufffd, he said.

Referring to the West as Global Arrogance, the hard-line cleric said, \ufffdNo matter how many stones they throw in our path, they cannot prevent the spread of the Islamic revolution in the world\ufffd.

\ufffdWe are the winners in the nuclear issue, too\ufffd, Jannati said. \ufffdThe way is paved for our progress and we just need to work hard\ufffd.
---------
Hmmm - that's what W says too - "It's hard work". Glad to see we're all on the same page on that. Also glad to provide the new model for creating an Islamic theocracy. Step 1 - pretend to be able to threaten the US with WMD.
Step 2 - get invaded to get secular government overthrown by US forces
Step 3 - resist the occupation using guerilla tactics while crafting a new constitution based on Islamic principles.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:56:47 AM EDT
New So, that's what we were after by invading Iraq.
It is so clear to me now. In retrospect, I don't understand how I could have ever doubted that starting a war on a pack of lies was a bad idea...
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Yes, regional stability at last.
Bush felt Iran was dangerous because it was feeling isolated and needed an ally, thus the Islamic Republic of Iraq, a puppet regime that can be use to take over Kuwait, Jordan and Syria. The inevitable elimination of Israel will finally bring stability to the region (except for those pesky Palestinans whom the Iranians won't treat any better than the Israelies did).

Absolutely brilliant President Bush!
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Iran praises Iraq's new constitution - (tuberculosis) - (2)
         So, that's what we were after by invading Iraq. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Yes, regional stability at last. - (Andrew Grygus)

I like when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
127 ms