IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now it's CPAN kicking my butt.
We're migrating to RT for trouble ticket issues; I've been told "put RT on this Redhat FC4 box."

After discovering that about 6 CPAN modules won't work without having GCC on the system, I've gotten down to one rather sticky module that seems to be failing. That module would be WWW::Mechanize.

At this point, I ran:
perl -MCPAN -e 'force install WWW::Mechanize'
and got a lot of spew back - the first error message I got was:
#     Failed test (t/live/back.t at line 38)\n#                   'perl - Google Search'\n#     doesn't match '(?-xism:^Google Search: perl)'

I noticed this section in the spew:

Part of WWW::Mechanize's test suite is run live tests against Google.\nSince it looks like you're connected to the Internet, these test will\nbe enabled.  If you want to disable these tests, re-run Makefile.PL with\nthe --skiplive switch.

No idea how to insert the --skiplive switch. It looks like what's happening is the tests are getting some information that is pretty close to what they expect, but not exactly what they expect, then killing everything else.

I'll attach the full spew in the edit, so you won't have to look at it - there's a LOT of it.

Any ideas?
apt-get install godlike-powers
Expand Edited by inthane-chan Aug. 31, 2005, 11:24:14 AM EDT
New Google just changed its responses and broke the tests
At least that's what Andy Lester said when I asked him.

The errors are harmless, but version 1.14 was released today. So you can either wait until that propagates or else ignore the errors and install today.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Figured it was something like that.
     Now it's CPAN kicking my butt. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
         Google just changed its responses and broke the tests - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Figured it was something like that. -NT - (inthane-chan)

Ruh-roh...
72 ms