[link|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092629/| The Beiderbecke Tapes]

A quite less noxious treatment of [WTF this thread is subliminally 'about'-?-] done by excellent actors, also real-English-speaking ones -- from '87 ~ before the universal insanity gripped the large mass of worldwide consumers/locusts and before the corporations were so visibly toxic and irredeemable, to boot. (ie somewhat before 'homogenization' became a noticeable Main Corporate Goal?)

Was on a PBS station out here, so dunno how widely this small series was shown. Now that I see it's in 'movie' format, it might just qualify for one of my rare actual purchases. The plot is even fun+engaging .. but the characters both hilarious and Believable, except that no one is On all That much of the time... Barbara Flynn is or should be - a Brit National treasure, were I elected Titles-bestower.

Anyway - a Nice antidote to the utter unwatchability of The 00's Action Movie and the other 97.5% dreck recycled for cel-fone chattering audiences du jour. There's a scene when they finally get down to acknowledging the Expected - which is the point of this exercise. It's also ~ a measure of what's been lost, since the pabulum of computer-generated 'mirth' killed-off mirth.

Bon appetit.

Yours for the few, the Rare, the vanishing . . . movies which Deserved to get made.