Kind of like a rough bar, but you can't get physically hurt.

I used to play piano in a band in real "rough bars", I know what to expect. ;)

But this seems you've appointed yourself as someone's guardian, that someone insists in putting herself in danger of being commented upon (oh the horrors), and then you feel the need to castigate the people doing the commenting.

Which is sweet of Laura, but I didn't ask her to do that. Besides, I rather think she's "protecting" all victims of abuse, not just me. She seems rather passionate about the topic, and with good reason, I would imagine.

Brenda's a big girl. Somewhat flaky, somewhat on the edge, but an adult. Who lives with her very protective husband (who I suspect reads these posts and then determines what she is allowed to see, but I'll never know).

Sure you'll know, I'll tell you. John rarely ever reads in here unless a) I ask him, or b) he glances over my shoulder while reading the paper when I make a comment about a post. He doesn't tell me what I can read or where I can go other than registering on certain sites for privacy protection purposes. Once I'm there, I'm on my own unless I ask his help. And ironically, for once, I didn't ask his opinion when I recently posted both in FQ and WC. I did it on my own, no input from him. He hasn't even read it all, just parts.

So he isn't as over-protective as you all make him out to be, I just look to him for guidance in matters of computers because he is more savvy than I in those areas. If he were protective in the way IWT sees him, he would be smothering, and he definitely isn't that.

While I was initially incredibly annoyed with her every utterance, I gotta admit, she's grown on me. She has some inner strength that is tough to find in this world.

Thanks, it was tough to achieve too, took a lot of bad experiences before I learned many lessons the hard way.

Unless you are willing to drive out there, get a court order to become her guardian, lock her in a room and limit her access, you have NO say in what things she sees. So it then seems you think you can limit it on the other side, by attempting to clamp down on the posters here.

But you know what the nice thing about FQ is? You can post in it, and say what you want, and then if the flames get too hot for you you can.... LEAVE it alone and not respond.... isn't that great? That means if I really can't handle it, I can treat it like Politics and Religion. ;) You can also, (as I did above when RA posted, choose not to respond to start with to someone's flaming diatribe).

So Laura, it's ok. I'm ok, too. Well, maybe not as ok right now as I could be, given recent circumstances in real life, but I can handle IWT even on a bad day. So defend the right of the abused if you like, but you don't have to fight my battles for me...even when I'm a little more fragile than usual. It's appreciated, but not necessary.

And when they piss me off enough, I too know how to tell them...."FUCK OFF!" ;)
(I just don't do it very often!)

Edit: fixed typos, changed subject line, added a line at end of paragraph 6.