IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Your signature
"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"

Does that mean it ruins the numbers and makes the math turn hard?

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Not quite!

Does that mean it ruins the numbers and makes the math turn hard?

Hahahah!

I came up with that sentence when I was fighting with my family about "doing math" because I was using Excel. Since I only enter the numbers (as a rule), and the information about the transaction, I'm not actually doing the math, all I'm doing is basic "data entry" and the program, Excel, does the adding/subtracting. (John puts in the SUM command for me ahead of time). So I wouldn't call entering data in Excel, an ability to do math... at least not for me.

And I considered it was like saying using a microwave meant you knew how to cook, because it doesn't. I can't even boil an egg properly without someone telling me if it's done yet, but I can throw something in the microwave and follow directions. But it's not what I would call an ability to cook. :)

Brenda

Expand Edited by Nightowl Aug. 23, 2005, 05:30:39 PM EDT
New Or...
it explodes the formula in the monitor and leaves the inside all sticky.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Your signature - (tuberculosis) - (2)
         Not quite! - (Nightowl)
         Or... - (bepatient)

Hey, it was good enough for Terry Pratchett.
62 ms