I've been watching an on-line dating site for, well, actually, a couple years. I see the same women active there month after month after month, so obviously they aren't getting what they want - and what they want is TRAVEL. That's what they all want and apparently what they're not getting.

There's little of interest there for me anyway because most have Beverly Hills, Venice or Santa Monica addresses. Now I'm not poor, but I like to live simply and keep my life pretty close to home, which I enjoy. Those addresses are simply not simple living addresses.

So yeah, even after the kids are gone women suitable for an honest guy aren't on-line. I really haven't figured out where they are, and anyone to whom I've mentioned the subject has said, "Oh there are plenty of them out there, you just have to find them", translation: they haven't a clue either.

Importing has crossed my mind, but I just don't find a Russian accent appealing in a woman and I prefer real American women anyway, if only I ever met any that weren't married.

So they're all in hiding somewhere huddled under bare light bulbs lamenting that they can't find a decent man. You're right, the twain shall never meet.

So for right now I've been turning up the intensity on the one I really want, even though I've been at it off and on for more than 15 years, but I seem to be getting some response now. We'll see how this week's 8 page hand scripted love letter works, though she hasn't mentioned any of the other 30 or so (mostly 2 pages) they have had some effect - we'll see.

Of course all the experts tell me I've made the worst of all possible mistakes. They all say the way to a woman's heart is to treat her like dirt and make sure she knows you have plenty of other women who want you pretty bad. That seems to work real well (all the women who expressed an intense desire for me were ones I treated that way), but I already blew that years ago in this case so it's a pretty hard row to hoe now.