IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New God. Not this again
You know what your problem is? You take your experiences and your claustrophic world view and you generalize them to the ENTIRE female population. What a load of crap.

And abuse? I don't know what it is about women but they seem to seek it. They pass up good men for abusive ones quite regularly. If you aren't jealous and try to confine them and keep them from from other men they get the idea you don't love them - been there - and been told off for it.

ALL women seek abuse? Bullshit. I've never been in an abusive relationship. First of all, you dont understand the cycle of abuse. Women in abusive relationships have been worn down to nothing. They have no self esteem and come to believe they deserve the abuse because the abuser has beaten them into believing this. If a woman is "seeking" abuse, it's because a MAN made her that way and she doesnt know anything else. God- if you think the entire female population is comprised of down trodden abused women I really feel sorry for you. Perhaps you'd be happier being gay- you might be more comfortable canoodling with your own kind.

Since when does love=confinement? People enter into monogamous relationships because they choose to. Relationships arent about entrapment. If anyone tried to confine me to a relationship I didnt want to be in, he'd be history. All women are NOT like the woman in your world. Get over yourself.

New Hey, Andrew, you caught one ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Serious question.
Would you still be implicitly condoning this if it was about queers or niggers?

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New To whom was this question directed . . . .
. . and what condoning does it refer to - it seems out of context.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New what does michael jackson hafta do with achnod's ole lady?
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Sheesh. Take a pill.
Or six.
Or at least read this: [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=220322|http://z.iwethey.org...?contentid=220322]

bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Yeah, and Bio's a strong fighter when she has time.
I once set a hook for Slugbug and she bit right on it but then dropped out and I don't blame her. She has a lot of concerns and inane debates on Internet forums are strictly a leisure time entertainment.

A single woman with kids today has a harder row to hoe than my mother did back when, though it wasn't any picnic then either.
New Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street...
I love that song. Must have some kernel of truth to it or it wouldn't have been a hit.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Really. Hit songs have lyrics that always ring true?
Hmmm...

He wear no shoeshine
He got toejam football
He got monkey finger
He shoot Coca-Cola

Or:

Here she comes now, say, Mony, Mony.
Shoot 'em down, turn around, come on, Mony.
Hey, she give me love and I feel all right now.
You gotta toss and turn in the middle of the night...

So obviously pretty women walk down the streets with gorillas. It has to be true because the popular song said it was. A stunning and logical deduction. Not.

New No, sometimes they just make ya wanna shake it

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New True. Let the shaking commence.
New And the LRPD sez, "You want fries with that?" :-D

"The notion of limited government and frugal government has been shattered by this administration, which cares far less about limited government than it does in building conservative government - a government with huge payoffs to corporate America," Allan Lichtman, a presidential historian at American University in Washington.
New Piker!
A seasoned witch could call you from the depths of your disgrace,
And rearrange your liver to the solid mental grace,
And achieve it all with music that came quickly from afar,
Then taste the fruit of man recorded losing all against the hour.
And assessing points to nowhere, leading ev'ry single one.
A dewdrop can exalt us like the music of the sun,
And take away the plain in which we move,
And choose the course you're running.

If you want non-sequitirs, you can do no better than Yes.

(10 pts for identifying the song -- you've already gotten a great hint...)
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Close to the edge
I never have been a big Yes fan, though.
New Saw them on Tormato tour - at the Olympia - I was ~14 - wow

New Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
Google is your friend, I wot....
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Not to forget - '..you can feel his disease'
Much has gone downhill since the Fab Four did a mind meld on zzz Ike-Murica zzz
(Then the dB level was raised to cover general artlessness; didn't work, that.)

Cruising for Burgers in Daddy's new car.. (Uncle Meat, IIRC)
Now Fab Four AND Zappa be gone. But we'll always have Paris.

New Re: Not to forget - '..you can feel his disease'
I always think of oozing skin lesions when I hear that line.
New All? Of course not, nor even most . .
. . but looking at statistically significant extremes does reveal underlying trends that might otherwise not be understood.

So what's with this huge popularity of abusive daytime talk radio among women? Why do so many women seek the kind of man that wears them down to nothing? Why do they go back to them and why, when he's gone, are they attracted to similar men?

Why have (2) women told me my failure to restrict their social activities meant I didn't love them? Do I think women deserve abuse and repression, physical or emotional? No, and I refuse to apply it, and I don't think men deserve it either. I prefer trust as security, and if that trust is betrayed, well then I misplaced it.

You say these things are not part of your personality, and I believe you, and I am glad for you and hope for the best for you. Men and women aren't really compatible, but it's the best deal we can get so we might as well go with it and work out the problems best we can.
New Trying to make nice with me now, eh?
So what's with this huge popularity of abusive daytime talk radio among women?

What kind of talk radio are you referring to? The Howard Stern crap that degrades and objectifies women? I dont know any women who like that. I know I dont.
Why do so many women seek the kind of man that wears them down to nothing?

The only women I know who do this are women who have been in abusive relationships and unconsciously seek out more of the same. They dont know how to do anything else. Because it's known, it is somehow less scary than change. Normal healthy women dont seek out abuse. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Why do they go back to them and why, when he's gone, are they attracted to similar men?

It's all about power and control. These women are so controlled they have no identity left. They are empty shells. They go back because he promises it will never happen again and they believe him- until it escalates again and the cycle continues. They're attracted to similar men because they feel he's the best they can do or because they deserve him. They dont feel they are worthy of 'normal' men. Abusive relationships often start subtly. As he gains control and power, she becomes fearful and her self worth plummets. It's very calculated.

I dont know about the 2 women in your life, but they are not representative of all women.

Men and women arent compatible?? More crap. I happen to like men very much and I appreciate our differences. You dont look like me, think like me, feel like me, or have the same parts. What's not to like?

If you really believe this, then I'm saddened by the fact that you feel you simply have to put up with 50% of the human population. You should get to know some of us women who are relatively well put together. You might find you like us.

New Actually, I know many women who are . . .
. . as you say "well put together" (presuming you mean to omit physical structure). A number who are environmental activists, or business persons, or artists, or a combination of those.

I do like women very much and associate mainly with women and I hire women because this is a home office and I don't want guys hanging around the house. It isn't a matter of "putting up", but I have learned not to listen too much to what women say about relationship because what they do is often totally different. I'm sure they believe what they say, but I am somtimes disappointed by it all.

On the other hand, the women I get along with are at least 5 years older than I or at least 5 years younger. The ones my age always treated me like shit and we still don't get along. There's something vicious about that generation.

As for the two who accused me of not loving them, one moved out and I attended her wedding to a nice guy a few months later. Hope he fared better than her two previous husbands but she's been out of touch for years. She lived with me twice. She was a dream the first time but she went back to her husband, and the second time she was pure hell. We should both have listened to her mother who told her she was in no condition to live with a man.

The other left in a huff and disappeared for years. Now she's insane. She wormed her way into the care of the State of California and was doing fine until she complained the medication was making her fat. The meds were changed and now she's emaciated and totally out of it. I let her come in and answer phones two days a week for some money 'cause the State doesn't give here enough to survive.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Aug. 21, 2005, 09:47:12 PM EDT
New I can relate to that
The only women I know who do this are women who have been in abusive relationships and unconsciously seek out more of the same. They dont know how to do anything else. Because it's known, it is somehow less scary than change. Normal healthy women dont seek out abuse. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I was like that once. I had no self-esteem, and was abused from High School on, in one or another way by males. I sought out relationships where I was the victim without even realizing it. But I wasn't looking for it. I wasn't healthy then, I was feeling like it was all I was allowed to have, that they were all I deserved because I was nothing.

It's all about power and control. These women are so controlled they have no identity left. They are empty shells. They go back because he promises it will never happen again and they believe him- until it escalates again and the cycle continues. They're attracted to similar men because they feel he's the best they can do or because they deserve him. They dont feel they are worthy of 'normal' men. Abusive relationships often start subtly. As he gains control and power, she becomes fearful and her self worth plummets. It's very calculated.

Luckily for me, I wasn't physically abused that badly. I mostly suffered verbal abuse. By the time he escalated to pushing me out of a moving car (fortunately, not moving that fast), I knew I needed out. I guess that woke me up. I was fortunate though, I found help, left him, although he didn't make it easy, and went into therapy to rebuild my self-esteem.

So that when I emerged from that, I no longer felt beaten down, and unworthy of love, and I was able to find a wonderful man who loved me and married me and change the abusive cycle.

But don't for one minute think it's easy, it was the hardest thing I ever did, changing the Co-Dependent person I was who believed they deserved so little. But it was so worth it.

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New You go, girl ! :-)
New outing the owlet
By the time he escalated to pushing me out of a moving car (fortunately, not moving that fast), I knew I needed out.
You knew you needed out; he graciously provided the needed impetus. What's your problem?

(Oh, to have been an avian mite in the headliner of that moving car! Innocent myself of rough conduct toward women, I have been sufficiently exasperated with the Nightowl in this low-bandwidth medium that it would not surprise me if the abusing male in this account wasn't someone who would make Alan Alda look like Stanley Kowalski, finally goaded to ejecting the chattering Brenda at 5 mph. But maybe that's just me.)

revving the engine,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Re: outing the owlet
By the time he escalated to pushing me out of a moving car (fortunately, not moving that fast), I knew I needed out.
You knew you needed out; he graciously provided the needed impetus. What's your problem?

(Oh, to have been an avian mite in the headliner of that moving car! Innocent myself of rough conduct toward women, I have been sufficiently exasperated with the Nightowl in this low-bandwidth medium that it would not surprise me if the abusing male in this account wasn't someone who would make Alan Alda look like Stanley Kowalski, finally goaded to ejecting the chattering Brenda at 5 mph. But maybe that's just me.)

Fraid not, as in, I wasn't chattering He just got mad because we were going to the grocery store and he had forgotten the coupons he had laid on the table. I told him we could just go back and get them, he was angry and said no, it was my fault. I had had nothing to do with these coupons, he had gathered them in a pile and left them behind. I thought he had them. I told him I wasn't responsible for his forgetting things, and he flew into a rage, turned the car around, and drove back to the apartment... I thought, to get the coupons. Instead, he circled the parking lot, reached over me and unlatched the door and shoved me out. I think we were going around 10 miles an hour, I fell out,scraping myself up as he drove off.

This is the same abuser who was of the kind to do such things as holding my parakeet in his cage out the balcony window and threatening to drop him; stomping my $100.00 radio quality headphones to bits on the floor in a rage; yelling at me and throwing my stuff around because I hadn't gotten the mail in before he got home, and shoving me up against the wall angrily. The last was shortly before the car incident which made me realize he was only going to get worse.

When he told me after that that he was breaking our engagement, I told him I was moving out, and my mom came over there to enforce that, and he fought with my mom, hitting her about the head with file folders and screaming. We called 911 and he was removed. He wanted me to stay there, keep house and run things while he ran around with other women... he even said he cheated on me. I didn't care, I wasn't staying there anymore, and couldn't believe he expected me to. I said I would cover my end of the rent till Nov, but I was leaving the apt. That was in April.

Nope, no one deserved to be treated like that, and even I realized it. But I spent 7 years with him first, it took that long to truly see the situation for what it was and get out.

Even after we were broken up and he was moved out, he attempted to run me down with his car at the local bank, and often has told friends he will shoot me if he sees me.

I did nothing to deserve such violence.

Brenda

New All this still doesn't answer my original queston.
Why are woman so attracted to these animals? I'm sure they hunt their prey, but why are they so successful? Surely there are plenty of warning signs. Meanwhile there are plenty of reasonably nice guys who have a hard time getting a date so why do women chose these? Is it their aggressivenes?
New Trying to explain it...
Why are woman so attracted to these animals? I'm sure they hunt their prey, but why are they so successful? Surely there are plenty of warning signs. Meanwhile there are plenty of reasonably nice guys who have a hard time getting a date so why do women chose these? Is it their aggressivenes?

In my case, he charmed me with who he could be, and showed me a completely different side of himself. I never would have figured him for an abusive cheating type. But, as time went on, and he was living with my parents because his parents threw him out, I was seeing more and more that he had a dangerous side.

Edit: I was naive at the time, and thought that the volatile combination us living with my parents was the problem. I believed it would clear up when we got away from my parent's house which was dysfunctional in nature, to say the least.

Yes, there were signs, I simply failed to see them for a long time, due to my desperateness to get away from my parents, (our double income allowed us to get an apartment), and due to my belief it was all my fault. I was causing him to be angry. I was causing him to do this or that. If I had brought in the mail, he wouldn't have thrown my stuff.

By the time I realized I was rationalizing completely insane behavior, I felt trapped. To this day I regret having stayed so long, but I just wouldn't see him for what he was.

So why are we attracted to them? I think they target us, and yes, maybe they do it aggressively, not in an angry aggressive way though, more like a pushy,overbearing way. I think they see that we're low self-esteem human beings, and that we are ripe to be exploited, and zero in on us. I know the one who sexually abused me before this one, did that. He as much as admitted to me that he chose people who were so beaten down with their self-worth that they would settle for anyone. Then he charmed me like the ex-fiance, and then he sexually abused me.

They are clever, they are slick. You wouldn't know them as an abuser on the street, they don't fit a profile in public life. But inside, they are. And by the time you find it out, sometimes it's too late.

Does that help answer your question? If not, please be more specific and I'll try and respond.

Brenda

Edit: P.S. If it helps, both of my abusers moved on to new people within weeks. The sexual abuser moved on to my best friend, despite my trying to warn her, and the ex-fiance moved on by marrying the woman he cheated on me with... then later cheated on her with his best friend's wife, and then they both got divorces and he is now WITH his best friend's ex-wife. SO that should also help explain that I was not the reason he left me or treated me bad... it was simply his nature.

Expand Edited by Nightowl Aug. 22, 2005, 11:19:03 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl Aug. 22, 2005, 11:19:47 PM EDT
New Some possible reasons.
[link|http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7673539&dopt=Citation|Here]:

Physically abused women seeking treatment for marital difficulties (abused women, n = 49) were compared with maritally discordant, nonabused women (discordant only, n = 23) and maritally satisfied nonabused women (community control, n = 25). Abused women reported significantly more fear of their spouses and reported that their spouses were significantly more coercive and psychologically aggressive than women in the 2 matched nonabused groups. Abused women did not report higher rates of abuse as a child, nor did they report higher rates of past psychopathology than women in the nonabused groups. However, abused women and nonabused discordant women reported higher rates of emotional abuse in childhood than maritally satisfied nonabused women. Furthermore, both clinical groups had a tendency to have higher lifetime rates of major depression before their current marriage than the maritally satisfied women. This result suggests that childhood abuse and a history of depression may be risk factors for women in abusive and nonabusive discordant relationships. As expected, abused women reported higher rates of posttraumatic stress disorder than women in the discordant-only and community control groups. Treatment implications for both standard treatments for marital problems and treatments for victims of physical abuse are discussed.

(Emphasis added.)

A famous [link|http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060539097/104-1554073-2175954?v=glance|autobiography] has a little to say about it too.

People are creatures of habits formed when they're young. Change is very difficult.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New MO overlooked
These predatory males know what to look for in a woman. They come on with the slickness of a used car salesman, build up trust, then go for the jugular. The women I've known in abusive relationships have no clue what a healthy one looks like. When the realization finally kicks in that he's a monster, then there is the guilt trippy, "It's my fault. I made him mad. I chose him. Love will conquer all." It's not until a few bones get broken or teeth knocked out that finally intervention occurs. And even then, they (the women I've known) found it difficult to leave. As I said before, it is brainwashing to the max and it takes time to undo the damage.

I feel for you, Andrew. I have a friend who recently divorced (2 years now). He is so disgusted with the dating scene. On the net, all the women want someone who pulls down 135K and will worship their children. Riiiiight. My friend just wants a nice woman with whom he can share his life.

The decent women are out there, but they aren't online or at bars or any of the other singles hang-outs. They are buying groceries, taking care of their kids, going to work in the morning, coming home exhausted in the evening and wishing they could meet a nice guy on the weekend when the kids are at Dad's.

If only there were a way for the twain to meet. Guess that is what praying is for. (weak smile)

Peace,friend.
Amy

" I tend to believe the great voices of peace throughout history {were} right, and this voice from this little hamlet here in Texas is absolutely wrong. The world is watching what you do here. It is important that you be calm, that you be peaceful, but you be firm. My grandmother {used to} say, \ufffdFight them \ufffdtil hell freezes over, and when hell freezes over, fight them on the ice.\ufffd

Dallas Reverend Peter Johnson, former staff member of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
New hookers! $50 a pop <400 a month like BK get it yer way
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
New That's only if sex is what you're after.
I can get plenty of sex for free, so long as I don't ever imply that dirty word "commitment". Unfortunately, that just isn't what I'm looking for.
New Well, at my age their kids are mostly moved out.
I've been watching an on-line dating site for, well, actually, a couple years. I see the same women active there month after month after month, so obviously they aren't getting what they want - and what they want is TRAVEL. That's what they all want and apparently what they're not getting.

There's little of interest there for me anyway because most have Beverly Hills, Venice or Santa Monica addresses. Now I'm not poor, but I like to live simply and keep my life pretty close to home, which I enjoy. Those addresses are simply not simple living addresses.

So yeah, even after the kids are gone women suitable for an honest guy aren't on-line. I really haven't figured out where they are, and anyone to whom I've mentioned the subject has said, "Oh there are plenty of them out there, you just have to find them", translation: they haven't a clue either.

Importing has crossed my mind, but I just don't find a Russian accent appealing in a woman and I prefer real American women anyway, if only I ever met any that weren't married.

So they're all in hiding somewhere huddled under bare light bulbs lamenting that they can't find a decent man. You're right, the twain shall never meet.

So for right now I've been turning up the intensity on the one I really want, even though I've been at it off and on for more than 15 years, but I seem to be getting some response now. We'll see how this week's 8 page hand scripted love letter works, though she hasn't mentioned any of the other 30 or so (mostly 2 pages) they have had some effect - we'll see.

Of course all the experts tell me I've made the worst of all possible mistakes. They all say the way to a woman's heart is to treat her like dirt and make sure she knows you have plenty of other women who want you pretty bad. That seems to work real well (all the women who expressed an intense desire for me were ones I treated that way), but I already blew that years ago in this case so it's a pretty hard row to hoe now.

New You know what, Andrew
If you really want to understand, go check out a few books on domestic violence and codependency.

Melody Beattie has some great books:

[link|http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-1669226-8091967|http://www.amazon.co...4-1669226-8091967]

It sounds to me like you're projecting your failures with women onto womenhood as a whole. Maybe you need to take a look at why you're attacting these kinds of women in the first place. Dont blame all of us for your failed relationships. You played a part in those failures, ya know.
New Well, there's a problem with that . .
I'd have to read a bunch of such books and try to sort the quacks from the non-quacks from the sorta-quacks. That's your field, not mine.

There's nothing worse than a "one book expert". In fact almost all the "off the deep end" ecology / political / economic / psychology nuts I've met were "one book experts" and I don't care to join their ranks, but I don't have time to study the field in depth.

Your emphasizing my "failed relationships" is off base. I don't consider any of my relationships to be failed. Sure, some have been short, and some have had tempestuous spots, but the women I've shared my bed with are my family and I appreciate them all. I have always delighted in my women and do not resent their coming and going or that they are their own persons.

It's true I haven't had a long term committed relationship in the marriage mold (though I've had weekend relationships that lasted way longer than a lot of marriages). Throughout my adult life I've been isolated from wherever the women are (industrial environments, etc.) so the opportunities to find true long term compatibility have been limited.

Given circumstances I haven't done at all badly (at least not since I had the sense to grow a beard), but I wonder at all the women I see and hear about hooked up with real jerks. Do they really prefer jerks as it seems or is it just that the jerks are there first and blocking them from everyone else? Curious.
New All you are hearing are the squeaky wheels.
I am a debater (no crude jokes, I've heard/told them all.)

As a debater, one is trained to investigate both sides of an issue. During the investigation, sources must be determined valid or not valid, biased or not biased; you get the gist.

Judging people on a narrow,albeit vocal,sample is still flawed judgement. The problem with good men/good women hooking up is that our society teaches us all the wrong ways to meet people.

"Hey Baby, what's your sign?"

The truly great way to meet your soulmate is to forget about meeting your soulmate. Go out and be who you are. Stop trying to catch the butterfly and before you know it, it will land in the palm of your hand.

Ask.me.how.I.know :-)

I thought love would never find me. So I quit looking and got involved in something that enriched my existence. Next thing you know, I'm Mrs. Critter.

(hope i'm not embarassing you, sweetie. But our union is a good example of how people meet in a context of mutual interest, then a friendship develops, then progresses to the next level(s).)

There are more people who are "normal" than you know. You just don't hear from them because all the wackos are making all the noise. Put your filter on and go forth, mighty one. It will radically change your life.

Peace, dear one.
Amy

btw, reading is a good way to understand. The best book I ever read is 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. It talks about character-based values versus personality based values. When you realize who/ what you stand for and live by your principles, there is an attractiveness all its own. The best part is: confident, well-rounded people attract same. And like I said, no longer are you the seeker, but the seeked.

FWIW,
a

" I tend to believe the great voices of peace throughout history {were} right, and this voice from this little hamlet here in Texas is absolutely wrong. The world is watching what you do here. It is important that you be calm, that you be peaceful, but you be firm. My grandmother {used to} say, \ufffdFight them \ufffdtil hell freezes over, and when hell freezes over, fight them on the ice.\ufffd

Dallas Reverend Peter Johnson, former staff member of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
New Wow what a coincidence!
The truly great way to meet your soulmate is to forget about meeting your soulmate. Go out and be who you are. Stop trying to catch the butterfly and before you know it, it will land in the palm of your hand.

Ask.me.how.I.know :-)

I thought love would never find me. So I quit looking and got involved in something that enriched my existence. Next thing you know, I'm Mrs. Critter.

That's exactly how I wound up with John, he found me After my ex-fiance, I wanted nothing to do with guys, and made that really clear. He however, saw through all that to the real me, talked to me online first on a local BBS, then asked me to meet him at a BBS event. He's been with me ever since that day and eventually I was Mrs. JohnF. :)

Brenda

New Well, it's all not quite that simple.
Go out and be who you are wouldn't work because what I are is mostly home oriented so I wouldn't be out much. Since subpoena servers are rarely women I wouldn't be seeing many (except the clearly married women speaking unidentifiable languages at the ethnic groceries I shop at).

Also, at my age, "it'll just happen" seems a lot less practical - there just ain't that much time left for "happening" to happen. You'll be starting to notice that in a few years. Besides, I'm a guy, and guys are the ones who're supposed to be keeping their eyes open, identifying the victims and taking all the risks. If it were left to women the race would have died out centuries ago.

Right now I'm not sure where I stand with (L) and won't have a hint for a few days yet, but in this week's letter I kinda told her off and I'm not sure how that'll go over. Partial text:

"I'm 'so sensitive' you say. (L), I've got the emotional metabolism of a water buffalo. Any normal (or sane) man would have thrown your butt out of here years ago for the kind of off-hand and insulting treatment I often get from you."

So, if I'm off hunting women that means considerable expense for a sharper car. When you meet a woman the first thing she wants to see is your car. If it doesn't pass muster it doesn't matter what you have to offer, you're through and aren't going to get to offer it.

You can tell me that's not true until you're blue in the face, but I've been there - and been there - and been there and there's no way you'll convince me (unless you know where those mythical "women who aren't like that" hang out). In fact that's how my last practice run ended. Saw car, didn't return calls any more (Lovely, intelligent Hispanic woman).

Cartoon: "Yup, instead of a dating service I bought a Porsche - a lot more expensive but the results are guaranteed".

So that's the deal, I'll have to figure out something I can convince myself I'm interested in that'll put me in contact with "fifty something" women, wherever the hell they hang out - and get a new car - and then "be myself".

Yup, piece 'o cake.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Aug. 30, 2005, 01:18:57 AM EDT
New While I don't know where women like that are to be found...
I found one who was willing to marry me even though I didn't own a car!

Over the years we've owned one off and on. More off than on. Right now we own 2 cars, and that feels weird to me.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New You might have better luck away from SoCal...
New hmmm glad I dont have that problem
well if you want a good looking hispanic woman a nice looking car is necsecidad since that is usually the only nice thing in their lives. Machismo is measured against all men not just their own. Dont know how you feel about korean ladies, a lot of the bar girls married americans and moved here to find out their man isnt and end up single in their late 40's. They dont need a nice car, they want a man who is. Female lawyers can be found near courthouses and are usually a good score. San Jose is the hot place for females according to a friend of mine who relo'd that way but is a far jaunt from so-cal. Sympathies my friend.
thanx,
bill

New Couple of comments
I, too, am home-based, and the only men who show up at my front door are the mail man (who hates me because my dog tore through the screen to get at him. For the record, once she got her head through the screen she freaked out and just stood there. The mail man was not at risk in any way), and the FedEx guy. Granted, I'll get more exposure when I get a new job, but in a field dominated by women, I aint getting my hopes up.

My big night out is a trip to the grocery store, where I did get hit on once, by a man who was obviously mentally challenged. He followed me down several aisles asking me if I was married until I shook him. My mom takes the kids for an occassional evening, and I usually spend that evening decompressing on the couch with a merlot and a movie. I hang out with friends a lot, but all my friends are married with kids so we usually do family activities.

I can be who I am 24/7, but I dont have a lot of faith that "it'll just happen". And I was "who I am" when I met my ex husband and look where that got me. If being "who I am" attracts that kind of man, and if I'm too dumb not to be able to screen him out, then I'm better off alone.

As for the car thing, I've lived in the "motor city" my whole life and I could care less what kind of car a man drives. Seriously. I've never viewed cars as a status symbol and certainly would not judge a man by his car. But that's just me.

New The old structures are all broken . . .
. . and new ones aren't in place, society's just been changing too fast. Those who most deserve each other are the least likely to find each other. Can't do anything about it, we just have to work around it - but we can bitch.

Hanging out with marrieds does not good. They may know people you ought to meet but they're just plain scared to suggest it. Won't happen.

New Something to consider also
I can be who I am 24/7, but I dont have a lot of faith that "it'll just happen". And I was "who I am" when I met my ex husband and look where that got me. If being "who I am" attracts that kind of man, and if I'm too dumb not to be able to screen him out, then I'm better off alone.
]

If you truly take a look at yourself and see things about yourself that are destined to attract those kind of men, you can make efforts to change them.

I am not commenting about you, because I don't know who and what you are, and wouldn't dare to assume. That's for you to assess, no one else.

I'm simply saying that for years, I did attract "those kind of men" who were not good for me, (or anyone else), and my victim-syndrome personality, and behavior caused those attractions. I made efforts to change, and those kind of men vanished from the scene. Instead, I met John, and he is nothing like anyone from my past.

Brenda

New Re: Something to consider also
I was commenting more on the blindness of youth and my inability/stupidity/stubborness to see where the relationship with my ex would take me in 20 years. It's a pity we arent blessed with insight in our youth, nor have we had enough life experiences to develop any hindsight . Truth is, I attracted, pursued and dated some great men. I was seeing a very nice, educated, boyishly cocky guy while I was dating my ex. I chose the wrong guy. There's that hindsight thing again.

I'm not confident in my current ability to choose wisely. Once bitten, twice shy, as they say.
New Re: Something to consider also
I was commenting more on the blindness of youth and my inability/stupidity/stubborness to see where the relationship with my ex would take me in 20 years. It's a pity we arent blessed with insight in our youth, nor have we had enough life experiences to develop any hindsight . Truth is, I attracted, pursued and dated some great men. I was seeing a very nice, educated, boyishly cocky guy while I was dating my ex. I chose the wrong guy. There's that hindsight thing again.

I'm not confident in my current ability to choose wisely. Once bitten, twice shy, as they say.

See, then you've already done what you need to do to make better choices. That's all it takes. And yes, hindsight teaches some really hard lessons.

Good luck with both the job search and the soulmate search. :)

Brenda

New this point shes jus lookin for someone to floss her gnarlies

New My gnarlies?!?
How quaint.
New Strategizing
Wonders whether hanging about on the flame forum on iwethey is not a particularly productive strategy in meeting people. :-)
New Not really a problem, 'cause I mainly post . . .
. . when I'm too tired to do anything else (often late at night) or while I'm stuck waiting for some stupid computer to finish something.
New What are your passions?
I still maintain that when one loses him/herself in an activity for the sole purpose of atruism,(i.e., volunteering for a non-profit), that is when one is most likely to 1) shine and 2)get picked up.

My divorced friend goes through internet hookups like they are kleenex. I suggested that he volunteer at the local animal shelter, since he is a dog-lover. Not only would he be likely to meet other singles, but he is more likely to have the same values as those people.

It's all about marketing to your target audience. Do you want to be a mass-mailing or a targeted ad to a specific focused group? If you view things in that perspective, then you have a good idea of how and where to start.

As far as the car thing is concerned, as long as it looks nice on the outside (no primer or Bondo going on) and is clean on the inside, that is all that really matters.

So, if I'm off hunting women that means considerable expense for a sharper car.

Again, stop hunting! I agree that men bear the burden of courtship WRT to the asking, risking, etc. But I also feel that when you stop doing a behavior out of desperation, the outcome is usually what you were trying to achieve in the first place.

I realize that you are in an age bracket that makes dating difficult, but I also know that there are the Red Hat Ladies who are in the age bracket you seek. Their primary goal is to have fun. Maybe if you checked out those types of groups, you would have better luck in the dating dept. I know a ton of widows who would die to have a companion. They want to go out to eat like they used to. They want to go dancing.

My mom laments that she wishes she had a gay friend who would take her out dancing and help her decorate her house. I know she's not entirely joking.
I also know she would love to have a more physical relationship with a man, but she won't admit it because she is still grieving my father's death (she feels that if she admitted something like that, then she is not being true to my father's memory. To which I say, "FSck that! He's dead, you're not. Life is for the living!")

So I guess to sum it all up, you can't hide your light under a bushel basket. Add dimension to your life so that you are always coming in contact with people everyday. The more contact with the outside world, the more likely you are to meet someone special. It can't happen all at once, baby steps...baby steps.

Peace, Big hugs and wishing you the best,
Amy

New Yeah, the Internet's a bust.
The Wall Street Journal says it works pretty well for 30 somethings, but almost every woman in my age bracket lists the same imporatant requirement, "Likes to travel" (read "likes to travel and has the leisure time and money for it").

Well, I don't like to travel that much and don't have the leisure time either. The women aren't doing any better though. If I drop in 6 months later the very same faces will all still be at the top of the active list.

Only outside activity I've seen that looks like it might work is politics. I can't work up any enthusiasm for stuff I'm not really interested in - I'm just not the con man type. The stuff I am interested in isn't generally group activities.

As for cars, that's the way women in Los Angeles do their first cut. It's like human resources departments and degrees. By requiring a degree for a job that doesn't need it they can cut the number of people they have to talk to by 80%. Sure, it probably cuts out all the best candidates, but they have to do something, right?

On the other hand I've got a lot of emotional investment in (L), which needs to be resolved one way or t'other. She needs to drop the cold fish act or stop taking advantage of a relationship she denies and refuses to contribute to, or I need to take sharp action. Basically, she's been doing the minimum to string me along and maintain the staus quo - but the status quo is now busted and can't be fixed.

New sounds like time for those 3 words lovers use
fine swell bye
thanx,
bill

New It's a lot more complicated than normal . . .
. . but it well may come down to that anyway, and soon.
New WTF is "normal"?
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Just a suggestion
You might try more "specific" internet. In other words, find a group or board that is locally based, and that meets together. They do exist, they just have to be hunted up.

I met my husband on a local BBS here, in St. Louis. It was a group that actually got together in person and met one another, etc. If you could find something like that in LA, that was locally based, you might have a better chance.

HTH

Brenda

New you norm and john and I'll take your word about john
He would have better odds frequenting S&M gay bars.
thanx,
bill

New Re: you norm and john and I'll take your word about john
He would have better odds frequenting S&M gay bars.

Huh? What's Norman have to do with it? I'm missing something here.

Brenda

New They - both - were what you had on your local boards in St L
But yeah, that's nothing new.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New I see :)
Well, I didn't say every person on a local site was ok, hehehe.

I just meant if you had a local site to actually meet people in person from, you have a better chance of finding a good one among the assholes. :)

Thanks, CRC.

Brenda

Edit: changed bad to assholes per FQ.

Expand Edited by Nightowl Aug. 31, 2005, 11:51:14 AM EDT
New hmm , I can understand the antipathy
when its done its done having once considered declaring myself gay, shooting an ex husband in the head, killing her whole family giving her 1K grams of acid and lke and torching a woman slowly with paperbook matches one match at a time is there any chance you were CLOYING!!!
regards,
dont assk john he will go humph.
thanx,
bill

New but would he tie a black ribbon around her clit?

New Rorschak would have paid a bonus for your ink blot readings
- he could have saved the expense of sampling the whole asylum.

New that was a literary quip
Alan Alda starring in mash for years and the original book had the painless pole as a dentist whose penis was wrapped in a ribbon after being declared first prise. Although the streetcar named desire character was a pole he may or may not have been painless.
thanx,
bill

New Ass
You big condescending, patronizing ass. I dont care if this is the flame forum. I dont care that Brenda's post doesnt belong in this forum. When someone discloses something that is so obviously raw and painful, you dont attempt to victimize her again by belitting her. She trusts you people. She's gone through a lot, she's overcome a lot, and if you're irritated by her posts, dont fucking read them. But dont you DARE suggest that she deserved to be abused. Shame on you.
New Bravo, Laura!
You big condescending, patronizing ass. I dont care if this is the flame forum. I dont care that Brenda's post doesnt belong in this forum. When someone discloses something that is so obviously raw and painful, you dont attempt to victimize her again by belitting her. She trusts you people. She's gone through a lot, she's overcome a lot, and if you're irritated by her posts, dont fucking read them. But dont you DARE suggest that she deserved to be abused. Shame on you.

Thanks, Laura. I'm not sure why my post didn't belong, I was just trying to answer Andrew's question from a real-life point of view. And I know when I come in here, I am ripe to be attacked, but don't worry, no one, no where will ever convince me I deserved to be abused. I spent years in therapy learning that simply wasn't true.

And I agree, Rcareaga can be a fucking ass at times, but I usually can handle it fine. :) Compared to CRC who is a flaming clawing tiger with his teeth showing, Rcareaga is a kitten with his back arched and his hair raised. ;)

Brenda

Edit: In hindsight, I realize I don't use enough "flame words" in here to make everyone happy, so maybe I could have branched the reply to Andrew to another forum. I'll consider that next time.

Expand Edited by Nightowl Aug. 23, 2005, 04:09:12 PM EDT
New I don't use flame words.
Instead, I use pedantry and bloodymindedness. Useful technique for the hotter forums on the Internet. Believe me, there's less close mindedness and lunacy here than elsewhere.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Heh heh..heh heh
she said "ass".

Cool, Beavis
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I think she didnt mean man this time

New Piss off, he replied mildly
Yes, it is the flame forum. We do things differently here. And if Brenda trusts me, she's even dumber than I think.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Nah....
And if Brenda trusts me, she's even dumber than I think.

Only to a point, R, only to a point. :)

Brenda

New Your signature (new thread)
Created as new thread #220649 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=220649|Your signature]

New Why don't you try being dominated for centuries, fellas
and then try to claw your way out of the Stone Age. The history of our gender goes way back to the point that we were merely chattel. And this existed for hundreds of years. Now, we made some significant progress in the US with the right to vote and the Pill, but as a general population, we are still trying to recover from our sordid past.

There still exists a distinct predjudice against women and there are very few who have the moxie to overcome that predjudice. The Archie Bunker mentality is still so prevalent that it makes me sick. Especially the Southern Baptist spin on "women are the servant to the man". Puhleeeze!

Blacks have an advantage over women because at least in their history, they started out as independent; some would even say royal because of their tribal structure. Women have never had that luxury. There are still parts of the world that time forgot. The Middle East is just such a place.

Now, one could argue that in the natural world, feminism or matriarchy as demonstrated by bees,lions, and other female-dominant species gives us a boost. But human female dominance is rare and the male scientists have given short shrift to these societies.

So, considering that females have been oppressed for generation after generation, one could draw the conclusion that there will always be throw-backs to that oppression. Those of us who are educated, strong-willed, and secure in our own skins...well, we are the ones who are paving the way for future generations to stop being victims and start believing in themselves.

Brain-washing takes a long time to be deprogrammed. I can't wait for the day when our global society makes a colossal paradigm shift: no glass ceilings, no "man is stronger than the woman" bullshit. We will evolve as a species and someday, women will not have to play second-fiddle to men, but be accepted for the bright, intelligent beings that we are and gender will not be a consideration, except for procreation.

Thank you for listening, vote affirmative.

Peace,
Amy

PS,
Most men can't handle strong women. They are scared to death of being "emasculated". Boo Hoo and get the hell over it. and don't call me a bitch either because if I were a man, you all would be giving me a punch on the shoulder going, "Right on, Dude".

"The notion of limited government and frugal government has been shattered by this administration, which cares far less about limited government than it does in building conservative government - a government with huge payoffs to corporate America," Allan Lichtman, a presidential historian at American University in Washington.
Expand Edited by imqwerky Aug. 21, 2005, 07:22:55 PM EDT
New Hmmm . . . what about the claims . .
. . that in ancient times a large part of society in the Mediterranian was lopsidedly female dominated - that the very concept of male dieties was brought by European invaders - and the local men, once introduced to the concept, took things to the opposite extreme? has that all been discredited now?

Or the goddesses of the Celt? "There is nothing more ferrocious than a Celt - except his woman" - Julius Ceaser. Yes, I have read "When God was a Woman" and various other books on the subject.

For sure the pagan religions of the Europeans considered men and women much more equal - the war between the Asir and the Vanir (the war between the sky gods and earth godesses - the war between men and women) was considered a draw. Women were still running major businesses in Germany during the Renaissance, to the consternation of visiting Italian traders.

In Egypt both religions coexisted side by side for thousands of years, even though attempts to reconcile the two and merge them failed - until the coming of Christianity.

I think your problem is, once again, the three revealed religions - Judaism and it's offspring Christianity and Islam. Nontheless, women still hold to these religions tenaciously, even more tenaciously than their menfolk do. Why?

Is this for the same reason women listen to those woman bashing talk radio shows?

New Answer to your question.
huge popularity of abusive daytime talk radio among women

Popular? By whose standards? Such programming is just another form of men trying to keep the wimmen down. Who is putting on such shows? Who is buying airtime to advertise during such shows? Surely not "you go girl" feminists. Although I must allow that battering and abuse are finally coming out of the shadows. If anything, these shows are cautionary tales to prevent women from making the same mistake. Airing dirty laundry is the hip thing to do these days. If such shows can help at least one woman leave her abusive relationship (which, I might add is probably due to a lack of a positive, significant father/male figure) then it has some redeeming value. Otherwise, it is just more dreck to fill up space by the radio stations.

Harumph!
Amy

New If you took the time to study abusive relationships
at the low end of the scale it is 50-50 which sex is the abuser.
thanx.,
bill

New Unfortunately . . .
. . the shows I've heard have nothing about bringing abuse out of the closet. They generally consist of some popular guy verbally abusing women who call in and verbally abusing the woman on the show and her agreeing with him.
New I think that would be by ARBitron's standards...
jb4

New And, just for fun...Bitchology
When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch.

When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch..

When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my own way, they
call me a bitch.

Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my heart. It means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.

When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak against it, I am defined as a bitch.

The same thing happens when I take time for myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.

It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I "should" be.

I am outspoken, opinionated and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!

So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to quash every ounce of beauty I hold within me. You won't succeed.

And if that makes me a bitch, so be it.

Perhaps I should embrace the title and be proud to bear it.

B - Babe
I - In
T - Total
C - Control of
H - Herself

B = Beautiful
I = Intelligent
T = Talented
C = Charming
H = Hell of a Woman

B = Beautiful
I = Individual
T = That
C = Can
H = Handle anything

Piece of my mind,
Amy

New Kindly note . . .
. . that I haven't called you a bitch, nor had the thought crossed my mind - but now that you've brought it up I'll keep it on file in case it ever becomes appropriate.
New I didn't say you did
but if you are going to paint all women with the same brush, then turnabout is fair play, sweetie.

I,OTOH, love men. I have found your breed fascinating and entertaining ever since I was about 4 years old (my personal age of reason). The interesting part is that the feeling was mutual because I always had more male friends than female and still do to this day.

Apparently, in my younger days, the girls felt threatened by my friendships with boys (oh, Brother!) Only in my adult life have I found friendships with women to be satisfying. I guess it has something to do with joining the "Mom Club" and also finding other women who are not afraid to be themselves, rather than those who prefer to live by the same old tired paradigm of the Rah-Rah (read Cheerleader in high school) mentality.

I'm honored that the thought didn't cross your mind. Otherwise, Critter would've had to kick your ass. :-D

BTW, how old/young are you? I'm 43. Just wondering what generation to which you are referring.

Peace,
Amy

New Generation - I'm 62
New Yep, fscked up generation, fer sure!
My mother is 65. The crap that is consistent with that age bracket boggles my mind. "Martyr marriages". Victim mentality. Oy Vey! (eyes rolling). But I guess it has to do with their parents. Surviving a Depression can really put a family to the test and establish values that are severe to say the least. Only now (3 years after my dad's passing) does mom realize how much of her misery was her own doing. Regret consumes her. Pity.

Wishing you peace,
Amy

New bodecai, Liz the 1st, czarina katherine, ravenolla, Mohawk's
and all husbands who subject their wimmin shout loud....... that sound you here is crickets.....
Like Frank the pimp always said, honey you were born sitting on a fortune.
thanx,
bill

New This is getting way too weird...
LRPD: "Somehow I picture Joan Rivers in a bitch fit."

Ah, sweet humor! The leaven in the Bread of Life!

Peace,
Amy

New well, just flip her over :-)

New For $125/hour I'll do anything you want me to!
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
New I had an interesting question along those lines
Group therapy.

The counselor said:
What wouldn't you do for a million dollars?
No repercussions other than your memory of the act.

My answer:

Line 'em up and I'll suck 'em off, or hand me an Uzi and I'll mow 'em down.
Your choice.

About 1/2 the people were in agreement with me, the other half horrified.
New the uzi wouldnt leave such a bad taste in my mouth
dont need a mill that bad
now a decent blowjob regularly or a get out of jail free card for an uzi that would be a tough one.
thanx,
bill

New I got six dollars, bend over for 3 minutes :-)

New For those who missed it, that was a LRPD
===

New Come on over, I gots a job or two for ya ;-)
he he, i said "job". (Good lord, my kids are rubbing off on me!)

Got a list of honeydo's a mile long. Critter is too busy for such mundane thangs.

Bring it on, Babe!

Laughing meself to Pieces,
Amy

New As the wise man said...
You gotta do honeydo if you want to do honey.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     God. Not this again - (bionerd) - (91)
         Hey, Andrew, you caught one ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (16)
             Serious question. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 To whom was this question directed . . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 what does michael jackson hafta do with achnod's ole lady? -NT - (boxley)
                 Sheesh. Take a pill. - (mmoffitt)
             Yeah, and Bio's a strong fighter when she has time. - (Andrew Grygus)
             Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street... - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                 Really. Hit songs have lyrics that always ring true? - (bionerd) - (9)
                     No, sometimes they just make ya wanna shake it -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         True. Let the shaking commence. -NT - (bionerd) - (1)
                             And the LRPD sez, "You want fries with that?" :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
                     Piker! - (jb4) - (3)
                         Close to the edge - (bionerd) - (2)
                             Saw them on Tormato tour - at the Olympia - I was ~14 - wow -NT - (tuberculosis)
                             Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! - (jb4)
                     Not to forget - '..you can feel his disease' - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Re: Not to forget - '..you can feel his disease' - (bionerd)
         All? Of course not, nor even most . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (52)
             Trying to make nice with me now, eh? - (bionerd) - (51)
                 Actually, I know many women who are . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 I can relate to that - (Nightowl) - (49)
                     You go, girl ! :-) -NT - (bionerd)
                     outing the owlet - (rcareaga) - (47)
                         Re: outing the owlet - (Nightowl) - (35)
                             All this still doesn't answer my original queston. - (Andrew Grygus) - (33)
                                 Trying to explain it... - (Nightowl)
                                 Some possible reasons. - (Another Scott)
                                 MO overlooked - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                     hookers! $50 a pop <400 a month like BK get it yer way -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         That's only if sex is what you're after. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     Well, at my age their kids are mostly moved out. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 You know what, Andrew - (bionerd) - (26)
                                     Well, there's a problem with that . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (25)
                                         All you are hearing are the squeaky wheels. - (imqwerky) - (24)
                                             Wow what a coincidence! - (Nightowl)
                                             Well, it's all not quite that simple. - (Andrew Grygus) - (22)
                                                 While I don't know where women like that are to be found... - (ben_tilly)
                                                 You might have better luck away from SoCal... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 hmmm glad I dont have that problem - (boxley)
                                                 Couple of comments - (bionerd) - (6)
                                                     The old structures are all broken . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     Something to consider also - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                         Re: Something to consider also - (bionerd) - (3)
                                                             Re: Something to consider also - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                                 this point shes jus lookin for someone to floss her gnarlies -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     My gnarlies?!? - (bionerd)
                                                 Strategizing - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                     Not really a problem, 'cause I mainly post . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 What are your passions? - (imqwerky) - (9)
                                                     Yeah, the Internet's a bust. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                                         sounds like time for those 3 words lovers use - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             It's a lot more complicated than normal . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                 WTF is "normal"? -NT - (drewk)
                                                         Just a suggestion - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                             you norm and john and I'll take your word about john - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                 Re: you norm and john and I'll take your word about john - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                                     They - both - were what you had on your local boards in St L - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                         I see :) - (Nightowl)
                             hmm , I can understand the antipathy - (boxley)
                         but would he tie a black ribbon around her clit? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             Rorschak would have paid a bonus for your ink blot readings - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 that was a literary quip - (boxley)
                         Ass - (bionerd) - (7)
                             Bravo, Laura! - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 I don't use flame words. - (warmachine)
                             Heh heh..heh heh - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 I think she didnt mean man this time -NT - (boxley)
                             Piss off, he replied mildly - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                 Nah.... - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                     Your signature (new thread) - (tuberculosis)
         Why don't you try being dominated for centuries, fellas - (imqwerky) - (20)
             Hmmm . . . what about the claims . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                 Answer to your question. - (imqwerky) - (3)
                     If you took the time to study abusive relationships - (boxley)
                     Unfortunately . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     I think that would be by ARBitron's standards... -NT - (jb4)
                 And, just for fun...Bitchology - (imqwerky) - (4)
                     Kindly note . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         I didn't say you did - (imqwerky) - (2)
                             Generation - I'm 62 -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Yep, fscked up generation, fer sure! - (imqwerky)
             bodecai, Liz the 1st, czarina katherine, ravenolla, Mohawk's - (boxley) - (9)
                 This is getting way too weird... - (imqwerky) - (8)
                     well, just flip her over :-) -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                         For $125/hour I'll do anything you want me to! -NT - (drewk) - (6)
                             I had an interesting question along those lines - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 the uzi wouldnt leave such a bad taste in my mouth - (boxley)
                             I got six dollars, bend over for 3 minutes :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 For those who missed it, that was a LRPD -NT - (drewk)
                             Come on over, I gots a job or two for ya ;-) - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                 As the wise man said... - (ben_tilly)

Her patriotism is as genuine as her hair color.
743 ms