IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And then there's the USMC V-22 Osprey...
[link|http://www.navair.navy.mil/v22/|Osprey picture]

One wonders how long it will take to develop controls that work with humans.
Alex
New I understand the Osprey now.
Makes perfect sense the problems they're having, now that I'm a employee of a government contract.

Weird, wild stuff, as Johnny Carson would say.

But one might note that Boeing is developing a 'Civilian' version - which is not having the teething problems.

I ascribe this to *one* team working on it. As opposed to spread out to the nether reaches of the subcontracting system to meet government requirements.

(So that the guys putting the hydraulic lines know what pressure the pumps will be generating, and if it changes, they'll all be notified, etc).

Plus, it doesn't have to have the redundancy and ability to "survive" ground fire, so its less complex, and easier to build, and less to go wrong.

Addison
New So then.. what about the Cartercopter\ufffd ??
I presume you've at least given a gander to Doug's webpages ?

A.
New Re: I understand the Osprey now.
As opposed to spread out to the nether reaches of the subcontracting system to meet government requirements.

Not really government requirements but political requirements. Spread the development of a new system to as many different companies (in many different congressional districts/states) as you can and you guarentee it will never be cancelled

That's what happened with the C-17.
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Now That's the best excuse for the 'Osprey' I've seen!
     WIndows NT in the cockpit. - (addison) - (14)
         So lemme get this straight... - (jb4) - (13)
             I don't know about that. - (addison) - (12)
                 Huh? manual override at the COMPUTER's option ? - (Ashton) - (11)
                     The computer is always right. - (addison) - (10)
                         Cackle.. loved the last \ufffd - a tissue of contradictions - (Ashton) - (9)
                             And then there's the USMC V-22 Osprey... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 I understand the Osprey now. - (addison) - (3)
                                     So then.. what about the Cartercopter\ufffd ?? - (Ashton)
                                     Re: I understand the Osprey now. - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                         Now That's the best excuse for the 'Osprey' I've seen! -NT - (Ashton)
                             I've gotta share that \ufffd - (drewk)
                             Reread Addison's first two posts a couple times more, Ash... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Poetic license - re 'fly-by-robot'. On another tack - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Naah... - (CRConrad)

Hence these societies employ their own versions of summary judgment and Rule 11 of the aforementioned Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
81 ms