IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That and it takes too long to start
Apps have to start fast. This, BTW, is why I don't use emacs and prefer vi also.

Plus its a ram pig.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New I leave apps running.
So startup speed isn't an issue. I've got the same copy of emacs up right now that I had 20 days ago.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I don't

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
     Thinkfree: Java-based MS-Compatible Office Suite. - (Another Scott) - (102)
         Cool! - (imqwerky) - (3)
             What's your verdict Amy? - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                 Not too shabby. - (imqwerky) - (1)
                     Please provide updates/impressions (new thread) - (jbrabeck)
         NeoOffice/J derivative? -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Nope. Different code base. -NT - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                 Lordy, they're clueless. - (pwhysall)
         Not impressed so far - (pwhysall) - (94)
             Well,... - (mmoffitt) - (88)
                 Idiot. -NT - (pwhysall) - (84)
                     Brits have no sense of humor. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (83)
                         No, we laugh at funny things. - (pwhysall) - (82)
                             Yeah, but only Todd would have meant it -NT - (drewk)
                             Right. Java is great. - (mmoffitt) - (80)
                                 ICLRPD - (boxley)
                                 You're still an idiot, no matter how much you type. -NT - (pwhysall) - (69)
                                     That's the best you got? I'm convinced. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (68)
                                         Shrug. - (pwhysall) - (67)
                                             The best answer to anecdotes are counterexamples... - (jb4) - (66)
                                                 Azureus. Eclipse. NeoOffice/J. -NT - (pwhysall) - (64)
                                                     Google Earth looks very Java-ish, too. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                     MoneyDance. - (admin) - (21)
                                                         2 3... -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                         Yes, IntelliJ is the Bomb! - (jb4) - (19)
                                                             I use Eclipse for Perl - (pwhysall) - (16)
                                                                 Why? - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                                                                     Someone here uses Eclipse for Perl. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                         You aren't changing my impression... - (ben_tilly)
                                                                     Instant perldoc, compile-as-you-type, svn support, etc. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                                         And... - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                                                                             Re: And... - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                                                 It was a productivity drain even when I was a beginner - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                                     You Are Not Me - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                                         Oh, I understand that - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                             I'm puzzled. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                                 If you'll notice... - (ben_tilly)
                                                                             FWIW, 175Kloc of Java, no problems in Eclipse or IDEA here - (admin) - (3)
                                                                                 I think that you'd need language support for that... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                     60Kloc Perl, works fine. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                         I'll bet it highlights some non-errors as errors. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                                     I've never heard of this language called "addition" ;-) -NT - (jb4)
                                                             non programmer raises hand - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 "Pretty HTML front end" - (admin)
                                                     NetBeans. DBVisualiser. LimeWire. -NT - (Yendor) - (10)
                                                         No, Maybe, No idea -NT - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                             Just for funsies though-lets eliminate programming tools: 2 -NT - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                                 But Eclipse is more than a programming tool - (tonytib) - (2)
                                                                     So's emacs - also Mac version of Eclipse < Windows version -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                                     Used a commercial program based on Eclipse a while ago - (admin)
                                                             In your opinion, perhaps. - (Yendor) - (2)
                                                                 If I thought NetBeans was decent, I wouldn'a paid $ for IDEA - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                     IDEA >> NetBeans, or anything else. - (admin)
                                                         thanks - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                             np - (Yendor)
                                                     1 for 3 -NT - (tuberculosis) - (29)
                                                         Hey, Todd. - (pwhysall) - (21)
                                                             Mostly used for enterprise, however - (tuberculosis) - (20)
                                                                 So it's a really short list? - (pwhysall) - (19)
                                                                     Oh very well - (tuberculosis) - (18)
                                                                         Why not ObjC: - (admin) - (17)
                                                                             My impression as well. - (Another Scott)
                                                                             Smalltalk in Objective C - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                                 Fine. What does that have to do with anything else? -NT - (admin)
                                                                             Bah - disengaging - (tuberculosis) - (13)
                                                                                 Er, no. That wasn't the argument. - (admin) - (12)
                                                                                     Whose argument was that? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                         For Todd, it was here: - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                             Ah. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     Things were childish long before this - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                                                                         Point missed again. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                             Poof -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                                                         Who said a damn thing about development? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                                                             Hey Peter - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                                                                                 That's a lot of words to say... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                                                     3 lists posted - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                                                         Come on up! - (jake123)
                                                                                                     I thought better of you Peter. (new thread) - (static)
                                                         Dunno what your problem with NeoOffice is. - (admin) - (6)
                                                             I don't even use regular office for anything - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                                                                 That's not a problem with NeoOffice - (admin) - (4)
                                                                     ICLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                                     That and it takes too long to start - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                         I leave apps running. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                             I don't -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Jeti. Java-based Jabber client. - (n3jja)
                                 Re: Right. Java is great. - (admin) - (8)
                                     Say the last bit in Howard Dean's voice for full effect.HTH! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     I'm with ya. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                         That's what you get for being a one-note fiddle. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             Not as hard as it does to be you. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 Ooh, politics. - (pwhysall)
                                         If that's the case... - (admin) - (2)
                                             That was over the top. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 Thanks. -NT - (admin)
                 Desktop Java sucks - (warmachine) - (2)
                     Oh, I dunno - (jb4) - (1)
                         Yeah, thanks. -NT - (CRConrad)
             That's it! I'm calling all your mothers... - (imqwerky) - (4)
                 OK, 1.2.3.PILE ON AMY!!! -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     LOL! -NT - (imqwerky)
                 cool down poppa, don't you blow your top... :-) - (cforde) - (1)
                     Don't tax my gig so hardcore, Cruster! - (imqwerky)

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
- George W. Bush, Jr.
123 ms