IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Needles are for HAYSTACKS!
This is why I hate sewing.

It isn't just because it's a pain in the ass to thread the needle.

It isn't because I only know how to sew using ONE stitch, and only sew by hand, because in High School I managed to sew the garment we had to make to myself.... OUCH!

It isn't just because I almost always stab myself with the needle from Hell at some point, even when wearing a thimble... (although that is a strong factor about why).

It's because of the thread. What is it about thread, anyway? Why does it always think it should knot up and fuck up, or not pull all the way through? Why does it think it should conveniently catch on the corner of something and make sure you don't notice till you've already made 6 more loops? SHIT!

Now it's all stuck, it's a fucking mess. I'm trying to rip it out with the ripper but it's not coming out easily. I tried to snip the threads with my tiny scissors, and now I have a bunch of snipped threads that won't pull out.

All because I want to sew little elastic wrist straps on the little "pillow" balls I bought to protect my elbow in various places.

And it's always the last one. I sewed four other straps to the balls, not a problem, didn't even prick myself. On this one, I've pricked myself twice, tangled the thread twice, and now it's an absolute shitty mess that needs to be ripped out and won't cooperate.

As I said... Needles are for haystacks. Any ideas how to get this ripped out without destroying the elastic? It keeps trying to pull threads out of the elastic as I try.

I think I'd rather do math... at least it doesn't stab you in the hand!

Grrrr.

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Here's a banana and some string for you to hang behind you.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New get john to buy you a stapler
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Needling?
Re: Here's a banana and some string for you to hang behind you.

If I'm supposed to get that, sorry I don't.

Re: get john to buy you a stapler

I have plenty of staplers. I can't staple this. I finally got the thread out, but it took 45 minutes, and someone told me I was trying to sew the two possible worst things together, elastic and silk. No wonder!

Brenda

New duct tape then
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Results 1 - 10 of about 87,900
[link|http://www.google.com/search?hs=rCC&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=handheld+sewing+machine&btnG=Search|link]
-----------------------------------------
George W. Bush and his PNAC handlers sent the US into Iraq with lies. I find myself rethinking my opposition to the death penalty.

--Donald Dean Richards Jr.
New She needs a self-threading one. ;-p
New Re: She needs a self-threading one. ;-p
Nah. The threading I manage eventually.

It's keeping the shitty thread from knotting up that I hate. And I don't know if hand-held sewing machines are free of that problem either, but it would have been hard to sew this round ball on a real sewing machine of any kind.

Good thing I don't have to sew often. :) But my elbow will thank me for it!

Brenda

Needles are for HAYSTACKS! - (Nightowl) - (7)
         Here's a banana and some string for you to hang behind you. -NT - (tuberculosis)
         get john to buy you a stapler -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Needling? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 duct tape then -NT - (boxley)
         Results 1 - 10 of about 87,900 - (Silverlock) - (2)
             She needs a self-threading one. ;-p -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: She needs a self-threading one. ;-p - (Nightowl)

An "Outside Context Problem" if ever there was one.
54 ms