IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New barry's birthday photo
its not to bad for a treo 650 shooting in to the light

[link|http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/51f08744/bc/Yahoo!Photos/bman/barrys+birthday.jpg?bfIe9_CBi9Sc6xES|http://us.f1f.yahoof...?bfIe9_CBi9Sc6xES]

let the fun begin
New Linky no worky :(

Illegitimi non corborundum.
New You'll have to forgive him
Bill's kind of like the one eyed glaucomic nearsighted cataracted king in the land of the blind when it comes to tech experience.

On the other hand, I shouldn't be too mean, he DID pay for the meal, and it was very good.

On yet the other hand, you'd expect a better picture from him, since he is a professional photographer.

[link|http://www.voicenet.com/~broom/Barry_Birthday_Photo.jpg|http://www.voicenet....irthday_Photo.jpg]
New THAT was the meal???
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New That was the desert
The meal was some very good sushi.
New Yeah, not much you can do with the picture.
Aside from the disasterous back lighting the camera picked up on the candle flame and ignored everything else. Not enough color info to repair.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Yup
Backlit + candle + Treo 650 camera phone = crappy picture.

I'd post the video of the waitress singing happy birthday but my PC is so hosed right now that a 250KB uploaded causes it to hang.
New Little did he know . . .
. . that his entire reputation as a photographer hinged on this one shot. From here it's all down hill until he ends up working as a chicken sexer on a poultry farm in Arkansas. From there it'll be an epic struggle back up to wedding photos, and from there, finally, perhaps another try at birthdays.
New On the third hand, there no tablecloth! :)
Well, OK. One is not required for a good meal, just for a fancy one.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Sushi bars don't have table cloths . . .
. . certainly not in Los Angeles, the world capital of sushi eating.**

** Local sushi chefs say people in Japan eat sushi a few times a year - practically every week in Los Angeles (those that can aford it, anyway).
New Most of my coworkers eat weekly
They do a Friday trek to [link|http://www.kirikosushi.com/|http://www.kirikosushi.com/] which I bow out of.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New And no tablecloths.
New I think you're right, actually
Though I've only been once.

But I should note that there are sushi places where you eat off of women. OK, not a table cloth, but certainly it is a table covering.

Cheers,
Ben
New And you call yourself a programmer?
New Actually I don't...
I'm a profitably misplaced mathematician, and don't you forget it!

I'm also extroverted, which means that I really can't be a programmer.

Cheers,
Ben
New MYGOD! it would be $180 for my lunch!
thats without the saki to wash the sashimi down.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Hey, it's West Los Angeles . . .
. . where you know you have to be getting the best - because you're paying so much for it.
New They claim...
that they have had many friends who are into sushi try it, and say that it was the best sushi they ever had.

The way that they found it was that they decided to try out all of the sushi places they could find one by one. I think it was the second one they tried, and after trying that one they changed their plan to, "eat here again".

Cheers,
Ben
New fresh bait is fresh bait
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
New Oh, I don't doubt it's very fine sushi.
Of course in Los Angeles a sushi bar isn't just about food, it's food and entertainment. Pricing and quality must match the venue, of course, but much of success depends on the personality of the sushi chef(s).

Down the street a ways we had a super-popular sushi bar with a real cut-up of a chef. Unfortunately he ran off to Alaska with his Mexican dish washer leaving his wife holding the restaurant. She's still running it and it's doing well again but it was touch and go for a year or two.

Also famous on this side of the hill is the "Sushi Nazi". You sit down and he plunks a board in front of you and serves you sushi - what he's serving that day and in whatever order he's serving it, and everyone exactly the same. The only input you get is when to stop.
New No grouper for you, one year!
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New No Grouper?
OK, but if it were Mackerel that'd really hurt, or Uni (soft orange sex organs of sea urchen, raw**), or Salmon Eggs, or raw squid, or Quail Egg (raw, of course), or Giant Clam, or Toro, or raw Shrimp, or Octopus - that'd hurt. Grouper I can live without, at least for a year.

** A few years back the Wall Street Journal did a write-up of the newly established Uni industry in New England. This industry was launched due to limits on sea urchen harvesting in California.

The Journo was show production lines where local ladies shucked the urchens and arranged their reproductive parts into little wooden trays for shipment to California and Japan.

The production manager offered a tray and asked the Journo if he'd like a sample. The Journo, a good California boy, said, "Sure", picked up a hunk and popped it in his mouth, then another. Production skidded to a halt as one of the ladies stood up and shrieked in horror, "He's eating it! He's eating it!".
New Re: No Grouper?
> Mackerel
Greasy salty - yick.

> Uni
Snot - Uni - You decide. eitherway - yick

> Salmon Eggs
So so - I prefer equal weight of flying fish

> raw squid
Too chewy - same with clam or octopus

> Quail Egg
How the hell did a bird egg end up as sushi?

> Toro
MmMmmmmmMmmmmm - GIMME!!!!!

> raw Shrimp
Never had it. Why is it always cooked out here (east coast)?

What about yellow tail?
Or eel?
New octupus,real salmon no farmed crap whitefish, herring eggs

New Since you don't watch TV...
There's a character known as the Soup Nazi... if you do something in his store that he doesn't like (such as looking at him, or saying something innocuous) he sends you to the back of the line, or shouts "No soup for you, one year!". Since the soup is so good, this is a terrible punishment.

Grouper was the fish that popped into my mind that rhymes with "soup".

Figured you would have known since you called him the Sushi Nazi.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Seinfeld. A linky (of many).
[link|http://members.aol.com/rynocub/soupnazi.htm|Here].

Ordering Procedure
1. When you walk in move immediately to the right
2. Order your soup with no enthusiasm at all
3. Put your money on the counter and move to your left
4. Take your soup and do not give any comments

Cheers,
Scott.
New my favorite is STFU baitboy, and cut fish at a good price

New Taken Out of Context Award
"Most of my coworkers eat weekly"

to which I would respond,"No wonder they are so grumpy." or "Man, that is one WEIRD kind o' diet."

The "in-context" response would be:
"Don't eat the clownfish, it tastes funny."

Pisces,
Amy

New Re: Linky no worky :(
OOPS
I suck
SORRY ALL
thanks barry for posting it
New Wise words...
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed."

A personal motto of mine since I first heard it. :-D

Peace,
Amy

New Re: Wise words...
WAY TO EZ
I will be nice
New Whaddayamean, "TO EZ", Hayseed?
(Apart from actually meaning "TOO EZ", that is.)
New I think he means, "(Far) too easy (to say something unkind)"
Ack! I should have known you'd put something in the Signature box....
Expand Edited by Another Scott Aug. 15, 2005, 10:20:56 AM EDT
New Nice is good.
I know, I know.

It does lend itself to all manner of sex of the oral variety.

But the phrase itself is too damn funny! Makes one keep perspective on things, as in "Could be worse, could be on my knees blowing an elephant." :-D

Peace,
Amy

New Sounds like the motto of the Chicago Cubs!
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

barry's birthday photo - (Bman) - (34)
         Linky no worky :( -NT - (imqwerky) - (33)
             You'll have to forgive him - (broomberg) - (25)
                 THAT was the meal??? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     That was the desert - (broomberg)
                 Yeah, not much you can do with the picture. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     Yup - (broomberg) - (1)
                         Little did he know . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 On the third hand, there no tablecloth! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (19)
                     Sushi bars don't have table cloths . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
                         Most of my coworkers eat weekly - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                             And no tablecloths. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 I think you're right, actually - (ben_tilly)
                             And you call yourself a programmer? -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 Actually I don't... - (ben_tilly)
                             MYGOD! it would be $180 for my lunch! - (boxley) - (11)
                                 Hey, it's West Los Angeles . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                                     They claim... - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                         fresh bait is fresh bait -NT - (boxley)
                                         Oh, I don't doubt it's very fine sushi. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                             No grouper for you, one year! -NT - (admin) - (5)
                                                 No Grouper? - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                     Re: No Grouper? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                         octupus,real salmon no farmed crap whitefish, herring eggs -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Since you don't watch TV... - (admin) - (1)
                                                         Seinfeld. A linky (of many). - (Another Scott)
                                             my favorite is STFU baitboy, and cut fish at a good price -NT - (boxley)
                             Taken Out of Context Award - (imqwerky)
             Re: Linky no worky :( - (Bman) - (6)
                 Wise words... - (imqwerky) - (5)
                     Re: Wise words... - (Bman) - (3)
                         Whaddayamean, "TO EZ", Hayseed? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             I think he means, "(Far) too easy (to say something unkind)" -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Nice is good. - (imqwerky)
                     Sounds like the motto of the Chicago Cubs! -NT - (jb4)

Jane! Jane, get me off this crazy thing!
191 ms