IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK What %congresscritter-sons do you think that will induct?
Or another way:
What are the odds that we (any 'we' coalition) could Get Through Congress any form of draft via which *their* offspring have no [repeat: No] special access to deferments or other opt-outs?

See, I think that's a more direct solution to zealot-Warz than your dream, of the perpetually uninvolved majority of non-voters performing some actual grass-roots Action. And with a hell of a lot less delay ... .... ... awaiting some next election (were such a Bill possible, such as we are today).

New how many congress critters already have kids in the military
ask michael moore, he was nonplussed when he broached that question to some of them, and that footage never aired.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     fucking repo cunt, time to re-instate the draft - (boxley) - (11)
         Don't see why a draft is necessary. - (Another Scott) - (8)
             draft is an important policy tool - (boxley) - (7)
                 Machiavelli has lots to say about mercenaries - (ben_tilly)
                 OK What %congresscritter-sons do you think that will induct? - (Ashton) - (1)
                     how many congress critters already have kids in the military - (boxley)
                 But there wasn't a real draft in the US until the Civil War. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     I like the UK model aprez ww2 - (boxley)
                     You've got the psychological logic totally wrong, asshole! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         I'll explain it again. - (Another Scott)
         "Our kind of people"?!? - (jb4)
         Their kind of people will still find ways to be exempt -NT - (tuberculosis)

Considering that all you're risking is the $15 co-payment, there's no harm in giving him a shot at it.
88 ms