IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reg. gives Mandrake the nod - this week
Handles however you likes yer CDROM select set: over-easy or sunny-side up. RH gets an F.. for not even knowing that was a question, and not telling you why it broke. SuSE at least offered a safe-mode SYA. {sigh}\ufffd

[link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/23436.html|Why it even.. beats XP install! ]

...even if it missed the chance to show everybody, back when it mattered - like, when they might have noticed?

Well.. maybe just in time for .NET then?

Ashton
New I have always had good experiences with Mandrake.
While I haven't bothered to install 8.1 on any of my machines here, I have to say that Mandrake 7.2 and Mandrake 8.0 are great at detecting hardware.

On both my Compaq M700 lappy and my home-brewed Athlon system I have only seen Mandrake get the video card wrong during the install on the laptop. Fortunately, I knew what the correct card was and corrected it before it became an issue.

As our "old friend" Brett G. would say, YMMV.
     The Reg takes on "Overqualified Linux Teachers" (!) - (Ashton) - (11)
         Re: The Reg takes on "Overqualified Linux Teachers" (!) - (folkert) - (10)
             Heh.. bet you Enjoyed that (too much) - (Ashton)
             Teaching, and installing, Linux - (Ric Locke) - (8)
                 One poss. scenario - (tjsinclair) - (5)
                     Precisely. - (Ric Locke) - (4)
                         Nice summation, Ric. Send suggestion to Red Hat. - (a6l6e6x)
                         Amen, brother - second the suggestion: Tell RH! Please. - (Ashton)
                         Reg. gives Mandrake the nod - this week - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I have always had good experiences with Mandrake. - (n3jja)
                 Re: Teaching, and installing, Linux - (folkert) - (1)
                     RH 7.1 is close to that IIRC - (altmann)

I don't usually win conversations this decisively.
72 ms