Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Which browser/OS?
Oops... anti-Synchronicity event -
(Oooh and I called it an abortion :(
Oh well -

My e-Machine:
Moz 1.7.8. Win 98SE, massaged on Install via 'Lite'.
ie dejunked of the load of "M$ paid-pals refs", AOL, and other bloat.
Only the stub of the ineradicable IE left in - no other parts are even on the HD. (Sys Info 'reports' IE 5 5.00.2614.3500, as normal install then.. would have had)

No changes to basics in many moons.
No sign of oddities other than periodic, usually- msvcrt.dll Moz. crashes = which reports I dutifully auto-send-in.

re Screenie as would save a lot of words here - see below.
OK - nuked cache, ran newest Spybot of 8-4 [clean], rebooted for one more check before reporting. Verbal description then, for now:

With clean cache - same.
Loading starts out white bkg, then the blue-shading appears at top and proceeds... down the page "slat by slat" as various boxes also fill-in. I suppose that intended is:
the blue shade bar should cease at the top, where the Amaz. tabs appear and [Book] is the selected tab. First line right below the tabs contains,
"Search | Browse Subjects | ... | Textbooks |"
The graphic of the book cover overlaps this first shaded slat by about 1/3 of its height.

Larger text sub-heads are in burnt?-Orange, as contrasts OK with the blue.
But the sub-subs vary in font-size and, bold or /bold ie
The smallest fonts - I'd call them agate size type - as land over the darker shading: are near-illegible to moi.

Despite size, I think I could read it all - on white bkg. as apparently intended.
I note also: a horiz scrollbar appears, with only a quite short range, say 4% of the width, via a ruler = not a problem for viewing, just a detail.
(And maybe artifact of my not-so std. 1152 x 864 screen res. 32K-bit color w/ 19" Trinitron)
The mouse-over 3 views works fine; natch That graphic-text is miniscule!

Now onto Screenie matters.
When I can get a util.. see:

My 'graphics' has been limited to pix as for eBay and a few others, jpg-'d then ftp-'d to my ISP = now a couple years back. No Photo Shop manipulations, but a few lesser programs for rotation, trimming, picking compression for target size.

Clearly PRINT SCREEN doesn't produce a capture of my current screen, presumably for lack of (what I now see is) oodles of Print Screen aps available just on Googles's list. Methinks this might be a hairy file sans any clipboard extensions of this sort. I'd spend a couple bucks for this occasionally useful capability, in any case. Wary of "Download.com" and places that hint of being frequented by dO0dz - always a guess, that.

So will check with a friend (tomorrow) who likes to audition more than I do, for a recommendation re capture; maybe also try it at <= 256 colors - as just may work on the Billy-grade doubtless-crippled kluge.

If screenie is got - see no way to attach anything to the handy Comments box; I gather you meant that 'tobl' at top of any replies gets sent to you. As to e-mail w/attachment - unclear what that addy would be - unless it is: to_l @ BigStrongWoman.com

Ashton

New Use this method for Print Screens.
Hit Print Screen (or Shift-Print Screen for just the application highlighted window). Open MSPaint-->Edit-->Paste-->(answer question apropos)-->File-->Save-->Done

--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
[image|http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg||||]
New Yep - email address
is tobl@classof(WonderWoman).com

I'm interested to see why its not good for you as I may be in a position to improve it.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New The spammers must laugh at addresses like that. :-)
New Got it - and it's 2.9 MB
Which means on dialup .. best send it only once, y'know?

Let's get this addy thing Right. I grok the 4-char@
but the addy of this display-site is pretty Different; guess I don't see how, initially I might have deduced this one ;-)

Will do verbatim what you wrote, subbing that Am-name sans ()
and give it a whirl, shortly

(I'd forgotten that a Paint-like translator is needed to generate even a bloody .bmp.) Thanks, Greg. Pity that Paint is jpg-less.

Noted also that a copy of PhotoDeluxe, allowed on reluctantly.. doesn't do .bmp --> .jpg {sigh}
I've particularly eschewed allowing most 'graphics' programs on, as these seem to stress the walk/chew-gum-not capabilities of this tinkertoy. Worked so far.

Ah well, let's see if it arrives. Sent: 15:53 hours.

moi

New Nope - crash/burn
The () were Real?

I nuked it via web-mail to spare the whole Undeliverable d/l.

Le's be reel specific - is

tobl@classof(WonderWoman).com

Right with (Am..) parenthesis-included !!?? <<<

{sigh}

Machines - bloody literal as a Fundie with a hard-on, pretendin it's fer Gawd

New No parentheses.
Just 4 letters @ 6 letters . com

Luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ah.. VBscript.___So far so good. Thanks
(Gosh, didn't realize that Todd had attained VB-Advanced-Pupa stage, already)

|ducks
New Nothing yet received
But the email domain is the same as the domain of that website you're carping about.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New OK it's now reached full-Silly Space
A not-yet-returned copy went to:

to*l@nozama.com
backassards, just to be f&^$%& Precise.

Guess it's in their limbo box.

Earlier one sent to:

to*l@classofama*on.com
== bounced.

Or just send a note to mynamehere, at
vom. and the usual com-mon thing.

{sheesh}

New I love it
Your entertainingly impenetrable prose combined with increasingly bizarre attempts to obfuscate an email address. One finds it hard to determine where one ends and the other begins.

Good luck though with whatever it is you are trying to resolve.

PS: New versions of Paint support JPG, GIF, and PNG. You might look into upgrading ;)
--
Chris Altmann
New Your scathing review hath cut me to the quirk - thanks-tip.
Shall see if new-Paint works in 98 without incident of the XP-kind.

New Re: OK it's now reached full-Silly Space
tango oscar bravo lima @ alpha mike alpha zulu oscar november . charlie oscar mike

hotel tango hotel!

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New s/amperstand/@
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New ampersand?
A &?

I think not.

Peter
New I hate mondays du oh!
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New and your regex was backwards, anyway
more coffee, I think

Peter
New Good one
test ping back to ashton succeeded, yet original message has not been received.

Resend?

New So Where Did It Go?___resending... ... ...
Resent 15:20 hours.

Must be something about boats ;-)
e-mail overboard, Cap'n!
Throw it a dinghy!!

New Outlook ate it
and the subsequent one - I can no longer find either and I'm not sure why. I did save off the screen shot though.

I hate bloody exchange.

New Answer found -
(As replied in e-mail - if that gets through LookOut)

FILTERS; precisely: 'script'. :-(
No excuse (here) - should have reloaded a number of times, from naked to all-on, especially after learning that it was Yours ... couldn't be a mere POS.
(Ackshully I thought Scripts wasn't checked - as that is the mode for https and any $ things. I just didn't think to verify, like any other ninny.

Migawd! even you GODS cannot bend Outlook to your will?
Mayhap it croaks more often on 3 MB attachments? - well, one got through.

Maybe a better work-around for the ninny caste shall emerge, at the least.

Dumbth-R-moi some days.
When that gets to be Many - off to a Nunnery.

New Oh good!
I was afraid that was some outlier browser we weren't testing.

I did finally find your second messages by digging through the large messages pseudo-folder.

I don't know many who like ButtLick as I call it. The search is abysmal and takes several minutes compared to the near instantaneous results of Mail.app with Spotlight.

New Ybi gybot thybat , Ybidybiybot ;-)
But initially, I'd surmised that so-simple an addy as That Is -
would be a lot like ... sam@IBM, shrub@us.gov

AND . . . THE FUCKER *DID* GET LOST,

so

nyaa6

New Its OK, it *is* an abortion
there is likely an unclosed tag or something that is causing the nav bar background to be used for the whole page.

Pretty awful and not at all intended. If you can send me the page source as well I can likely figure out more as I'm having trouble reproducing it here, even with that specific browser. (Something may have changed as well - updates happen most nights).

Re: Which browser/OS? - (Ashton) - (23)
         Use this method for Print Screens. - (folkert)
         Yep - email address - (tuberculosis) - (20)
             The spammers must laugh at addresses like that. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Got it - and it's 2.9 MB - (Ashton) - (18)
                 Nope - crash/burn - (Ashton) - (17)
                     No parentheses. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Ah.. VBscript.___So far so good. Thanks - (Ashton)
                     Nothing yet received - (tuberculosis) - (14)
                         OK it's now reached full-Silly Space - (Ashton) - (13)
                             I love it - (altmann) - (1)
                                 Your scathing review hath cut me to the quirk - thanks-tip. - (Ashton)
                             Re: OK it's now reached full-Silly Space - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                 s/amperstand/@ -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                     ampersand? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         I hate mondays du oh! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             and your regex was backwards, anyway - (pwhysall)
                                 Good one - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                     So Where Did It Go?___resending... ... ... - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         Outlook ate it - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                             Answer found - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Oh good! - (tuberculosis)
                                 Ybi gybot thybat , Ybidybiybot ;-) - (Ashton)
         Its OK, it *is* an abortion - (tuberculosis)

Gollum!
77 ms