IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New depends on how you define stole
yester year before said big river patented the technology you could license it from a few vendors.
thanx,
bill
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New But they're using their fonts, their layout, their buttons..
New and they are using whose?
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Amazon
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
[image|http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg||||]
New Their servers....
Click their home button and notice what else they offer.

They are a merchant that has paid to get their own store hosted for them.

Da 'zon is probably the most misunderstood of the big internet companies and it shows big time each time they announce earnings and the "analysts" (who would be called "pundits" if they fapped about tech) always do a number on them using FUD which almost always results in the stock price rising a little, then cooling off a lot.

The fact of the matter is that da 'zon is more software company than retailer. The product isn't books, its the retail platform and fulfillment services. The competition isn't Barnes & Noble, its Yahoo, Google, Ebay and Wallmart.

Suppose you are a giant brick and mortar chain of stores? You have no tech expertise but you want to sell stuff on the web. Are you going to really hire a bunch of hacks, download a bunch of J-shit from the Apache foundation and expect to provide a full fledged shopping experience in less than a year and ever turn a profit?

No way. The bar is too high, buyers expect all the stuff they get at the 'zon. Lucky for you, you can get that killer cutting edge web store by just picking up the phone and renting space in it. Eventually, all the retailers will be selling there. Some are doing both their own sites as well as selling through big rivver but I suspect they will eventually realize that the cost of doing the software development isn't paying off.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New They really need to make that clear then.
I did look around their site a little before posting. I checked the "About Us" and "Reciprocal Links" and neither mentioned legally using the site design in question.

Especially with phishing and the like so common now, I won't do business with a site that strikes me as the least bit questionable.

Of course you're right that it's much better to not reinvent the wheel. But he needs to make it clear that that's what he's doing, and BiRiBo should make that one of the conditions of using their site design, etc. Having great software isn't enough - transparency is essential.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Sheesh. Some people are brazen about stealing site designs. - (Another Scott) - (7)
         depends on how you define stole - (boxley) - (5)
             But they're using their fonts, their layout, their buttons.. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 and they are using whose? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Amazon -NT - (folkert)
                 Their servers.... - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     They really need to make that clear then. - (Another Scott)
         Ugh - (ubernostrum)

Do we really have to hide from da cops in da oven, Muggsy?
42 ms