IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Please explain.
it's == it is

and

Atkins' is just the possessive form of Atkins.
[link|http://www.fortunecity.com/bally/durrus/153/gramch17.html|In American English], singular nouns ending in s can also indicate possession by means of a final apostrophe.
e.g. James' scarf
Dickens' novels
In these examples, a final apostrophe is used with the singular proper nouns James and Dickens to indicate possession.
Or, are you getting into "smart quotes"?
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New I think you called him out ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Quite simple
When I read [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=217094|http://z.iwethey.org...?contentid=217094] I see little black boxes with ?'s in them where you obviously should have single quotes.

In your post above the single quote looks like a single quote.

Could you have smart quotes in there, by chance?

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New OK. Wakarimashita!
The cut and paste quoted section includes a "smart quote" character in doctor's.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New s/smart/dumb
apt-get install godlike-powers
New Yep, that would explain the quotes arouind the term. :)
Alex

New Will check Monday
I have been at a conference, and it is my work computer that has the problem.

I suspect that it is a Unicode issue, and that computer has some configuration issues.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     It's over - Atkins Nutritionals files Chapter-11 - (Andrew Grygus) - (22)
         It's also interesting that Atkins' family bailed out early. - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
             Goldman Sachs is Kiss of Death - (tuberculosis)
             FYI, your single quotes are all messed up. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                 Please explain. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                     I think you called him out ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Quite simple - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         OK. Wakarimashita! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             s/smart/dumb -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                 Yep, that would explain the quotes arouind the term. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Will check Monday - (ben_tilly)
                 Alex went to school back when people LEARNED stuff!Sheesh... -NT - (CRConrad) - (10)
                     You can butt out whenever you want. Thanks. - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                         I do not doubt what you see, but - - (Ashton) - (6)
                             Ditto. The ViewPageSource HTML looks fine to me too. FWIW. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             This one is odd - (ben_tilly)
                             No. It's his incapacity to admit error. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Ben?s or Alex?s -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Damn! now we have Beastware-?s infecting the TITLES !! :-0 -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Ben?s, of course. All those Perl guys think they?re perfect. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         And you can get a less hypocritical .sig whenever you want. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             If you'll note my posting patterns carefully - (ben_tilly)
         Conceivably a bit of baby/bathwater/ throw-out here, though. - (Ashton)

My other car is a Matchbox.
90 ms