1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New None is Safe from Swag! Why I have here
[paid-for-Swag = the Worst kind]

my very Own -

W hat W ould A shton D o?

- Tee-shirt, ever-ready for a bodice-ripping Moment (\ufffd l\ufffd Clark Kent, natch) - when The Definitive Answer is needed, In Any Situation...

:-\ufffd
New That should be your avatar :0)
Although the thought of you ripping your shirt off...perfectly formed pecs gleaming in the sun... What Would Ashton Do?... My Hero! ... BRRRRRING... BRRRRRING.... Oh Wait a minute...drifted off to the ozone there, didn't I.

Sigh.

(Going to have to add that to the trashy novel I'm writing :0D)

Peace,
Amy

Illegitimi non corborundum.

New I Here and Obeah
{chortle}

You have a diseased mind, mon ch\ufffdre.
I like that in a foxy lady...

(Now then, Critter - I'm *cough* half a continent away) and unrequited lasciviatin remains still, the Distinct Smarm of the Boogie'n Bourgeoisie. Still, gettin one's knickers in a twist Is the second-most popular exercise I hear, so..
er, Lay-on MacDuff! :-0

W hat W ould A shton D o?
New I've already said it doesn't count if you do it on porpoise!
But what I was really going to say was, I think you must have meant to say "ma chère". (And it'd be "mon cher", probably without any accent and definitely without the final 'e', if it were a bloke.) (Right, Jake?)

HTH!

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Dammit, Christian!
I'm gonna learn swahili!
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New C'est vrai, mon ami.
Tr\ufffds bien. Je suis beaucoup une femme et ne voudrais pas d\ufffdsign\ufffd sous le nom d'un homme.

Merci beaucoup.

Cependant, il n'a pas voulu dire pour faire une erreur.

Ah, c'est la vie.

Paix,
Aimee

New Les intentions mal ex\ufffdcut\ufffdes ne sont jamais une excuse,
ma ch\ufffdre!

I must decline your charity and suffer some declension therapy (re not merely the verbiage but the angles of the \ufffd \ufffd \ufffd dangles).

Striving evah for satisfiction -
I Shall Overcomb!
(and maybe someone will mistake me for The Donald - for that front-row table?)

New C'\ufffdtait paresse en ressuscitant cette 'e grave' y'see?
As to Ma ch\ufffdre / Mon cher - (and aside from the rotate-90\ufffd)

Well.. cher can also connote 'expensive' - non?
And a deliberate sub-tle substitution has been known to really bring the wry into that

[As Shrub is said to have said - but is clearly too dense ever to have conceived - Is there a French word for nuance?]

..idea of nuanced repartee.

Indubitably is (are) there nuance(s) I shall never assimilate (did I mention sloth?)
(And had I said it Too Well - ummm I dunno how Big that Critter-guy might Be! y'know? :-0)

..but I'd like to see ya as Guest Speaker for the annual Multilingual Scholars' Beer Bust and Elimination Round (likely still held in Intercourse PA, I'd suppose).

Yours most faithfully in Her service to social intercourse and..
le mot juste, au jus
New There is-but as it is the same word it declines the same way
New Nah... ma cherie is definitely what you'd hear on the street
"cher" is usually reserved for things that cost a boatload of money, as in "Le metro n'est pas cher, mais il n'est pas gratuit!" seen on posters a while back to get the public to swallow a price increase. The inference to be drawn from all that is is left to the reader.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New I thought what you heard on the street was vous salop
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New No no no... votre salop, or vos salops, depending
on whether you're talking to a cuckold or a pimp.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Or, is it...
Ils ont tu\ufffd Kenny! Vous b\ufffdtards!

de Parc du Sud

(Rire dehors fort)

Paix,
Aim\ufffde

New Ha! (And I can't read French!)
     a modest proposal: IWT Remembrance Day - (rcareaga) - (44)
         Sounds like a good excuse to... - (ChrisR) - (4)
             What is this "excuse" of which you speak...? -NT - (admin)
             Z-Day :-) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             Me thought - (imqwerky) - (1)
                 That was then... - (ChrisR)
         What a Splendid Idea! - (Nightowl)
         A subscription drive is a good idea, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (25)
             I might be able to make/acquire some fun stuff - (imqwerky) - (24)
                 No way! - (Yendor) - (23)
                     Okay! Okay! - (imqwerky)
                     While my comment was meant to be humorous . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (21)
                         As was mine. :) - (Yendor)
                         Swag is the Shizz! - (imqwerky) - (19)
                             None is Safe from Swag! Why I have here - (Ashton) - (13)
                                 That should be your avatar :0) - (imqwerky) - (12)
                                     I Here and Obeah - (Ashton) - (11)
                                         I've already said it doesn't count if you do it on porpoise! - (CRConrad) - (10)
                                             Dammit, Christian! - (jb4)
                                             C'est vrai, mon ami. - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                                 Les intentions mal ex\ufffdcut\ufffdes ne sont jamais une excuse, - (Ashton)
                                             C'\ufffdtait paresse en ressuscitant cette 'e grave' y'see? - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 There is-but as it is the same word it declines the same way -NT - (CRConrad)
                                             Nah... ma cherie is definitely what you'd hear on the street - (jake123) - (4)
                                                 I thought what you heard on the street was vous salop -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                     No no no... votre salop, or vos salops, depending - (jake123) - (2)
                                                         Or, is it... - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                                             Ha! (And I can't read French!) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Hmmm . . . a dirty sock. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                 Whatever... - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                     I'm just glad - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                         Pith on thothe thongth.. too rethtrictive, donchaknow? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             ROFL :-a - (imqwerky)
         A fitting date - (Ashton)
         A Capital Idea. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             typo shouldnt that be roast groper? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Maybe roast grouper? - (jb4) - (1)
                     in DC maybe roast groupie -NT - (boxley)
             Re: Make sure Alex puts it on his calendar too. - (a6l6e6x)
         Nice. - (folkert) - (3)
             OT: Question about your sign... - (jb4) - (2)
                 Prolly because of you UAS being presented. - (folkert)
                 It also can't identify OS/2 as the OS. ;-) - (n3jja)
         I'm in. -NT - (bionerd)

In th' stables, m'lord.
75 ms