IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How so?
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/11/politics/12rove-quotes.html?ex=1121918400&en=a5277206bcfd40ce&ei=5070&pagewanted=print|President Bush on Sept. 30, 2003:]
And if there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of.
I'm not sure how he as narrowed the window here...
New Very Simple
Shrub initial statement was "Whoever leaked the information would be fired" now it's whoever is CONVICTED of a crime will be fired. Huge difference.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Re: How so?
Q. Have you talked to Karl and do you have confidence in him \ufffd

A. Listen, I know of nobody - I don't know of anybody in my administration who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action. And this investigation is a good thing.

Q. Given recent developments in the C.I.A. leak case, particularly Vice President Cheney's discussions with the investigators, do you still stand by what you said several months ago, suggestion that it might difficult to identify anybody who leaked the agent's name? And ...

A. That's up \ufffd

Q. And do you stand by your pledge to fire anyone found to have done so? And \ufffd

A. Yes.

Same article, two other quotes. In retrospect, it appears that Bush may have only ever meant to say that he would fire somebody if they where found guilty in court, but that isn't what he always said and it isn't what everybody else understood. In particular, the second quote from a June interview says straight up that he would fire anybody who leaked the name.

Jay
     Bush narrows window on getting rid of people - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
         Damn! beat me to it - (jb4) - (2)
             Ha - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 How many don't blink == a Red State litmus on It All. -NT - (Ashton)
         How so? - (johnu) - (2)
             Very Simple - (jbrabeck)
             Re: How so? - (JayMehaffey)

Is this thing on?
68 ms