IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does it have too many words, or not?
New It's a little verbose- but I like her style of writing
I finished the book yesterday. Very, very interesting. Cant wait for the next one!
New Thanks. :-)
New My daughter and I finished it last night.
My opinion would be that the HBP is the best written of the series to this point. The last two books really dragged on in places, where a bit more editing was in order. Everythings crafted a bit better, pulling past events together while setting a very get stage for book 7. Couple of notes.

Who's the HBP? Must admit that the answer did surprise me, even though the clues made sense once it's revealed.

Is the HBP evil? I'm still trying to decide if Dumby conspired with him, knowing that survival was not possible. Perhaps the ultimate way to expose the he-who-must-not-be-named to those who are loyal to Dumby. Then again, the author really doesn't seem to have left much wriggle room to bring HBP back from the Dark Side.

Redemption? Well, if you accept that the HBP has gone over with no hope of coming back, then the next question is who's the sinner that will help the DA? My money's on Malfoy and Peter Pettigrew. I predict they will both be crucial characters in the next book.

Warped thoughts? Harry & Co. said they'd not be returning to hogwarts for the fall semester. This means that either (a). There's a chance for a book 8, because they won't get around to graduating; or, on the opposite extreme (b). Book 6 is the last of the series, as JKR plays a cruel hoax on the PFY, teaching them a lesson about unfulfilled aspirations (get used to disappointment kid). Of course, if JKR gets real inspired, she'll write 3 different versions of the last book. The first is where Lord Voldemort & minions successfully slaughter the hogwarts brats. The second where the trifecta of Harry, Hermione and Ron triumph and they fall in love and snog happily ever after. Finally, the real book should be some mixture of success and failure, with much of the question of evil unresolved.

New Re: My daughter and I finished it last night.
I'm reading it a 2nd time. I read it really fast the first time so I could pass it off to my son. Now I have to go back and absorb the details.

I was completely thrown by the identity of the HBP, and like you, I'm trying to figure out the double agent thing. Dumbledore's not a dumb guy- I dont think the HPB could pulled the wool over his eyes for all those years. Still, given Dumby's fate, I'm not sure what to think. I suspect Dumby must have known what was coming, otherwise he wouldnt have petrified Harry to keep him from interfering. Maybe it's all part of some master plan to be revealed in the next book. Maybe Dumby didnt suffer the fate we think he did-hmmmmm?

I agree with you about Malfoy- that kid is going to rise up the death eater ranks. But Pettigrew? He's too much of a coward to be of much consequence.

What did you make of the first chapter? It appeared to be of little importance to me, but there were some interesting parallels between the real world response to 9/11 and the war on terror.

And why the army of dead guys? What was the point of introducing them?

Next book should be interesting. Wonder what setting Rowlings is going to use given the mighty trio wont be attending Hogwarts next year.
And love will prevail. Lupin and Tonks will get married and have pink haired werewolf children. Bill and Fleur will give Mrs. Weasly some grandchildren. Ron and Hermione will do more than snog, and Harry will remain pure of mind, heart and body, as any good hero should.
New SPOILER supposition...
The HBP knows how to cast without vocalizing... so why did he shout the killing curse?

Unless he was actually casting something different...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin Aug. 1, 2005, 04:14:19 PM EDT
New For the Critter Fam- Major spoilers and analysis
[link|http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/|http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/]

I think you'll like this.
New I'm glad...
that there is a warning on the site.

Since Critter and Emster read it together, I, the lowly Matriarch, have not had time to even crack the first page. So, when I saw your post and clicked on the link I was most grateful that it advised not to go one step further unless one wished to spoil the whole story.

Am looking forward to being in the HBP club.

Peace,
Amy

Illegitimi non corborundum.

13.25 hours to Harry Potter and counting. - (bionerd) - (34)
         Please don't discuss your incontinence problems - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             excited usually doesnt mean urine :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Dumbledore must die - (ChrisR) - (15)
             I guess being on the wrong side of the world has a bonus - (Meerkat) - (3)
                 What? No just after midnight mania there? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Same time, different place. -NT - (Meerkat)
                     *Sixth* book. HTH. -NT - (static)
             Re: Dumbledore must die - (bionerd) - (10)
                 I'll bet that Hermione bites it... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     More spoilers... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                         Not their LUNCH MONEY! Say it ain't so!!! -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         Re: Ginny Weasley - (imqwerky)
                 Yes, Dumbledore must die - (imqwerky) - (4)
                     Book 6 reveals other Star Wars parallels - (ChrisR) - (3)
                         "Make way for Dark Helmet!" -NT - (n3jja) - (2)
                             *snigger* -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 "What are those things coming out of her nose?" -NT - (n3jja)
                 Snape is the most interesting - (ChrisR)
         I hope it's been properly sub-edited - (pwhysall) - (3)
             How can you say such a thing! (new thread) - (Another Scott)
             too. many. words. ___ heard that before - - (Ashton)
             Im waiting for the classic comics version -NT - (boxley)
         The Muggles are at the Barnes and Noble. - (imqwerky) - (11)
             That's what kids are for; use as alibis for stuff like this. -NT - (CRConrad) - (10)
                 Ar Ar Ar! - (imqwerky) - (9)
                     I started reading it yesterday- inconsequential spoilers - (bionerd) - (8)
                         Does it have too many words, or not? -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                             It's a little verbose- but I like her style of writing - (bionerd) - (6)
                                 Thanks. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 My daughter and I finished it last night. - (ChrisR) - (4)
                                     Re: My daughter and I finished it last night. - (bionerd) - (1)
                                         SPOILER supposition... - (admin)
                                     For the Critter Fam- Major spoilers and analysis - (bionerd) - (1)
                                         I'm glad... - (imqwerky)

I have a cunning plan...
67 ms