IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ooooh this is going to get good!
Unfortunately, what most people don't understand is that Jesus, Mohammed, the many incarnations of Buddha, etc., were _____trying_____ to teach that "God" is really the mind. Jesus had to use the patriarchal/shepherd analogies because that's what people understood in those days. Bottom line is, be excellent to each other, in the words of Bill and Ted. That is what life is all about.

And...
the power of the mind, each mind, is staggering. We have the power to hurt or heal ourselves and others. That is what prayer accomplishes. It is the focusing of that power to a specific end.

When we all come to realize our own divinity, that is when we will experience what the Bible calls the Rapture. Think about it. One Mind, One Body, One Spirit.

Whoa! (a la Keanu Reeves)

Shalom,
Amy

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting 'Heilige Sheisse, what a ride!'"

New Do you think that the Pope approves of your theology?
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New The Pope just issued a warning about Harry Potter
What do you think?
New He may soon issue a letter of support.
He seems to be a bit muddled in some of his opinions and doesn't seem to mind contradicting himself. [link|http://clevershark.com/index.php?entry=987|E.g.]:

The problem with Ratzinger comes mostly from what he has said. His pronouncements on Islam have been all over the place and often contradictory. Similarly, the many positions he appears to have taken on secularism lead one to be confused as to where the new Pope stands on the issue -- if he criticizes Islam for mixing religion and politics, why does he then turn around and demand that Christianity be declared the cornerstone of European civilization? In the "Dominus Jesus" of 2000 he asserts that Christianity (and of course Catholicism) is the one true faith, but [link|http://www.cathnews.com/news/203/19.php|shortly thereafter he denies it]. One may well wonder where the new Pope will lead the Church's dialogue with Islam, and even whether that dialogue will continue at all.

However, it is Ratzinger's less ambivalent opinions that make him bad news for the Church. He has already condemned homosexuality as "an intrinsic moral evil", and has backed up that opinion with action that speaks of callousness and mean-spiritedness, going as far as to [link|http://www.soulforce.org/main/catholics.shtml|prohibit an American priest and nun from ministering to gays and lesbians]. He is also on the record as honestly claiming that [link|http://www.rainbownation.it/gayworld/gayworld_en.asp?Section=both&tipo=culture&subsect=homophobia&Id=8|homosexuality is a threat to Christian peoples, seeing homosexuality as a "disease" that needs an ecumenical cure (!), and that getting "converted" away from "gayness" is just like any other "conversion from evil"]. Not exactly a progressive mind at work there. Ratzinger quotes Leviticus liberally in support of those opinions. One may be left to wonder whether the new Pope will also quote liberally from Leviticus as he upholds [link|http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/Leviticus1.html|the traditions of sacrificing oxen for the Lord, selling one's daughter into slavery, purchasing slaves, not eating shellfish, murdering those who opt to work on the Sabbath, etc. because all these subjects are also covered in Leviticus]. Most interesting is the prohibited behaviour of cutting one's hair around the temples, and shaving. Most photos of Mr. Ratzinger seem to indicate that he fails to follow the teachings of Leviticus in at least that one aspect.

Also of interest is his insistence that [link|http://www.tldm.org/news6/Ratzinger.htm|those who deviate from the Church's doctrine should be denied communion]. This was done in a secret letter to US cardinals in 2004, and would seem to have been engineered expressly in order to provide a secret boot to Republican party candiates in the election that took place at that time. It seems that while Islam should be condemned for mixing politics with religion, there is no problem when this is done by a Catholic Cardinal. At least we now know that Benedict XVI is no less of a hypocrite than his predecessors.

[...]

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh Brother!
That's funny. The Council of US Bishops gave a thumbs up to the last Harry Potter Movie! With the blessing of dear, sweet ol' JPII.

I have some fundamentalist friends who gently warn me of what their child may and may not view whilst in our home. Of course, HP comes up. So we get into some lovely theological discussions regarding same.

I feel that it is merely the same old good v. evil. They feel that
______ ooooooh_____ good witchcraft v. bad witchcraft.... it's all from the debbil!

Peace,
Amy

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting 'Heilige Sheisse, what a ride!'"

New I don't care if the pope approves
I can choose to believe what I want. I happen to believe that organized religions are merely languages through with we express our faith. I am a cradle Catholic and I am most comfortable with Catholicism, hence, I gravitate towards the Catholic Church.

However, I am not all caught up in the Church's dogma. In the last 3 years, I feel I have become enlightened and am more of a Unitarian. I happen to like the idea of "cream-skimming" the best of all religions to create a new one. I believe that one should treat others with kindness and respect. And I should pray for my enemies, because they are in pain. That is why they are lashing out at the world.

If people would stop and actually read the Catechism of the Catholic Church as well as the Encyclicals and Papal Bulls, they would have a better understanding of the Church and know exactly how foolish a lot of people act in the name of Catholicism. (Especially the NFP'ers Puhhhhleeeezzzzzzz!!!!!)

I guess I made my point. :)

Et in terra pax,
Amy

New About what I guessed. :-)
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New OT
do you have AIM or yahoo messenger?
email imquirky at comcast dot net

tired of static messages.

peace,
a.

Expand Edited by imqwerky July 17, 2005, 12:27:55 AM EDT
New Replied
New Do you think she **cares** what the Pope thinks
If she does, she just renounced everything in her post!

I'm betting on "no"....
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Expand Edited by jb4 July 18, 2005, 11:48:56 AM EDT
New Theoretically she should - she's Catholic
     How cloying is that? - (rcareaga) - (73)
         Aaah! Now I need a sponge for the monitor! -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Credit where due.. - (Ashton)
         Ooh! Atheism! - (warmachine) - (23)
             You're just being a spoilsport. - (Ashton)
             ICLRPD (of sorts) - (jb4) - (3)
                 Toxic meme? - (warmachine) - (2)
                     Much rather see Him on Meet the Press... - (jb4)
                     Naaah.. they'uns jes Love___the George Burns \ufffd\ufffdolksy model. -NT - (Ashton)
             I just wonder where you learned your theology - (Arkadiy) - (17)
                 What am I getting wrong, then? -NT - (warmachine) - (16)
                     Re: What am I getting wrong, then? - (Arkadiy) - (15)
                         Lame excuses - (warmachine) - (14)
                             "I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one." - (imric) - (1)
                                 Well, yes! - (warmachine)
                             Love. It._____but Point of Order flag, anyway - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Yes, yes! I know most believers see the bible as metaphor. - (warmachine)
                             None so blind as those who won't see - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                                 I'll explain it in terms he can understand - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Prefer a mad scientist idea - (warmachine) - (1)
                                         that last frame......sez it all -NT - (boxley)
                                 Seems as if Core Functions ___ were outsourced. - (Ashton)
                                 Intellect without capacity for evil? - (warmachine) - (3)
                                     I have met intellect without the capacity for evil - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Capacity or choice - (warmachine) - (1)
                                             Hey, warfarin - sometimes 'logic' Is enough! - (Ashton)
                                 My $0.02 on the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
         Ooooh this is going to get good! - (imqwerky) - (10)
             Do you think that the Pope approves of your theology? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                 The Pope just issued a warning about Harry Potter - (bionerd) - (2)
                     He may soon issue a letter of support. - (Another Scott)
                     Oh Brother! - (imqwerky)
                 I don't care if the pope approves - (imqwerky) - (3)
                     About what I guessed. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                         OT - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             Replied -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 Do you think she **cares** what the Pope thinks - (jb4) - (1)
                     Theoretically she should - she's Catholic -NT - (ben_tilly)
         You missed the point - (Nightowl) - (35)
             And you missed his: It was still pretty awfully cloying. - (CRConrad) - (34)
                 If I missed his, what was it? - (Nightowl) - (33)
                     That's not smart, that's pathological - (drewk) - (27)
                         Re: That's not smart, that's pathological - (Nightowl) - (26)
                             How the fucking fuck can you NOT get it? - (CRConrad) - (10)
                                 Re: How the fucking fuck can you NOT get it? - (Nightowl) - (9)
                                     Nice rant - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                         Re: Nice rant - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                             Do what I do. - (inthane-chan)
                                     Cloying; similar to "I think you're being too Pollyanna-ish" - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                         Re: ...similar to "I think you're being too Pollyanna-ish" - (Nightowl)
                                     you almost got cstrated I need to have a long talk with john - (boxley) - (3)
                                         John read it already and laughed! - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                             female rotor router, no clit no parteey - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Hahaha - (Nightowl)
                             You're mixing terms. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                 Hmmm, trying to get it - (Nightowl) - (13)
                                     Brenda, in this case: they're (mostly) Fucked, y'know? - (Ashton) - (12)
                                         PS - that Word thing... again - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             Re: PS - that Word thing... again - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                 {chortle} - (Ashton)
                                         Re: Brenda, in this case: they're (mostly) Fucked, y'know? - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                             Oblig {blush} - (Ashton)
                                             FOR "INSERT DIETY HRE!!!!!! - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 As the dentist said... - (broomberg)
                                             Your denial confirms it - (drewk) - (4)
                                                 Re: Your denial confirms it - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                     Free clue - (pwhysall)
                                                 **could be**?!? - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     IthinkI'mgoingintomymind -NT - (Ashton)
                     cloying is extreme clinging with mucho annoying -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Say what? - (Nightowl)
                     It was A:How cloying (=sickeningly sweet);B:How stupid! HTH. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Nope, doesn't help - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             That would be because of point B then. -NT - (CRConrad)

Somewhat classier digs than the last version.
117 ms