IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Peanut butter banned
A school has [link|http://www.theiowachannel.com/news/1125619/detail.html|banned] peanut butter in any form from its lunchroom.
School officials said medical experts have concluded that even peanut oil on the child's skin or the aroma of peanuts could trigger a serious reaction.

OK, I can see the problem with peanut butter oil getting on someone, but for Pete's sake, if the allergy is so severe that the smell of peanut butter causes a reaction, he needs to be moved to a clean-room environment.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Percentage?
>> OK, I can see the problem with peanut butter oil getting on someone, but for Pete's sake, if the allergy is so severe that the smell of peanut butter causes a reaction, he needs to be moved to a clean-room environment. <<

I have heard about people dying of PB allergies. In fact, one of the bigname burger joints had a lawsuit because somebody got really sick after eating fries with peanut oil.

I wonder what the occurence is of PB hyper-allergics (such as x per million).

If it is low, like 1 per 10,000, then I agree that banning peanut-butter is overkill. Make a special Kleenroom Elementary. Inconvient it may be, but it is better than inconviencing 9,999 others. (The Spockian Law of PB Allergies.)

Also, there are lots of other things which trigger hyper-allergies. Can't ban them all.

Once my cubicle-mate (I exposed my social ranking there[1]) wore hair gel that drived my allergies crackers. It took me about a month to pin the problem to his gel.

[1] Contractors get the lousiest work areas. It is made worse by the fact that I am a relatively large human.

link lrpdism
253 ms