IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Son of a.......
Need to vent- no one here- you guys get to listen. I work from home, right? Kids are here bouncing off the walls, work phone and home phone ringing off hook. Work calls coming in back to back- tricky issues- fitness for duty, suicidal ideation, benefit questions, etc. A Mom pops in with her 6 yo daughter- just lets herself in my front door for an unscheduled play date. Kids are running into my office while Im on the phone- Mrs so and so is here. Who the hell just pops in? So I have to ignore her because I'm talking to a poor lady with chronic mental illness and the mom finally leaves and then starts calling me on my cell. Hello?!?! Still working here. Have a doc appt for my son in 6 minutes. I'm having a meltdown. Breathe.....breathe.....
New I'd call that woman back later...
Open the conversation with, "How would you like to have a suicide on your conscience?" When she wonders WTF you're talking about say, "You know what my job is, don't you? Your interruption could be the difference between the person on the other end deciding to end it or continuing to hang on. Don't do that again."

If she doesn't believe you, or doesn't take what you said seriously, write her off. She isn't worth the stress.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Just keep breathing...
tomorrow will bring a whole new set of fuckups. After which, you will be able to say "Yesterday is over, and things are getting normal" or "well, shit, I really should have treasured yesterday". Either way, you still clean up after the kids and things go back to normal (for some values of normal.) Nobody pays attention to cell phones when it's hit the fan.
Good luck. Breath..

Oh.. <insert something nasty here per forum rules>
New does she know you "work" from home
she might think if the cars in the driveway lets stop and chat. Fuck her if she cant understand how you live.
thanx,
bill
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Well, I'd be sure and get it across
that she is NOT to do that ever again.

Meanwhile, how did she get in your house? Did she have a key? One of your kids let her in?

Breathe... breathe... (that's what I always have to remind myself to do).

Try my new motto -- read my sig. ;)

Brenda

"I see little yellow butterflies fluttering round my head and hear little happy bluebirds singing overhead....all will be just fine!"
New If she's around, and sees you're working...
...then YTF didn't *she* shoulder the responsibility for keeping the kids outta yer office?!? Just ask her that. If she isn't all contrition and promises to do better next time, I agree with Ben: Dump her from your lives. (Hard on your kids, if they're bestest friends with hers... But at least dump *her*. If that's really not doable, then dump *on* her.)

On the popping-in thing, per se: SOP when I was a kid, and one could wish it was more normal nowadays too. (My mom, my sisters, and all their friends still all do it with each other. But then they live in a town with a four-digit number of inhabitants.) As to who the hell does it: Good friends do. The kind who, if they find you up to your neck in screaming kids and frantic work when they drop in, just as a matter-of-course take over looking after the kids.

People who don't, aren't, and therefore shouldn't. If you se what I mean.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Exactly!
I'm not opposed to the pop-in, providing the one doing the popping is a close friend or relative. That happens all the time- if my kids need corralling while Im up to my eyeballs in someone else's crisis, a good friend will indeed rope them in, maybe even leave me a note saying they've taken the kids to the park or something. God Bless my friends.

This woman is not a good friend. Merely a foul acquantance and annoyance. I would love to dump her, and did dump *on* her when she called me again a few hours later (I was working up til bedtime last night)

Here's the prob- because I work at home, the stay at home mom's think I'm one of them- available 24/7 to chat and do lunch. They dont get that I have a job and when I work, I work hard. Even when I point blank tell them. Maybe they can lounge around in their la dee dah lives while their husbands support them, but guess what? No freakin hubby here. I'm it. I dont work, we dont eat.

Im frickin sick and tired of the balancing act. Sick of doing it all. Home, work, kids....holding it all together without so much as a thank you. I need a damn vacation- from my blasted wonderful life. God, I'm in a pissy mood.
New Summer camp for the kids? Hang in there.
New No funds for that.
New Should we start a collection? Seriously.
How much? More importantly, would it help?

Cheers,
Scott.
New A very sweet offer
Yeah, it would help, but I would never take your money.
I'll get by. I always do.
It's all good.
New Thank you.
--
Steve
New *smile* *sniffle*
New Sending support your way
Here's the prob- because I work at home, the stay at home mom's think I'm one of them- available 24/7 to chat and do lunch. They dont get that I have a job and when I work, I work hard. Even when I point blank tell them. Maybe they can lounge around in their la dee dah lives while their husbands support them, but guess what? No freakin hubby here. I'm it. I dont work, we dont eat.

from a stay-at-home-non-mom who knows better than that.

Brenda

"I see little yellow butterflies fluttering round my head and hear little happy bluebirds singing overhead....all will be just fine!"
New I'm in a much better mood today
Meltdown over. Back to status quo.

Thanks!
New Glad to hear it!
Sometimes venting is one of the best things to do!

Brenda

New Don't tell that to my neighbourhood volcano. Thanks.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Speaking of Volcanoes (new thread)
Created as new thread #214019 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=214019|Speaking of Volcanoes]
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
[image|http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg||||]
     Son of a....... - (bionerd) - (17)
         I'd call that woman back later... - (ben_tilly)
         Just keep breathing... - (hnick)
         does she know you "work" from home - (boxley)
         Well, I'd be sure and get it across - (Nightowl)
         If she's around, and sees you're working... - (CRConrad) - (12)
             Exactly! - (bionerd) - (11)
                 Summer camp for the kids? Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     No funds for that. -NT - (bionerd) - (2)
                         Should we start a collection? Seriously. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             A very sweet offer - (bionerd)
                 Thank you. -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                     *smile* *sniffle* -NT - (bionerd)
                 Sending support your way - (Nightowl) - (4)
                     I'm in a much better mood today - (bionerd) - (3)
                         Glad to hear it! - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Don't tell that to my neighbourhood volcano. Thanks. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Speaking of Volcanoes (new thread) - (folkert)

At the end of the day, it's still North Dakota.
94 ms