IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Third of people
That has been happening to me for as long as I remember. It's virtually guaranteed to happen when I leave an indoor place like a mall and head outside to mostly bright day. *WHAM* Usually 2-4 sneezes in a row. I didn't know that this was a common condition nor what it actually was or what caused it* until this year when I read an article about it. Though it said approximately one third of people have this "problem" not most people.

The girlfriend finds this hilarious that it happens on cue every time.

* I had my guesses. Dark to light. Difference in air temperature. Difference in air quality. I didn't know for certain though.
lister
New My old boss had a strange way of sneezing.
He wouldn't often sneeze, and when he did it didn't seem to have anything to do with changes in light, but whenever he sneezed it would always be in pairs in quick succession.

<Achoo!><Achoo!>

He seemed incapable of only sneezing once.

Me, I usually only sneeze once, but very loudly. It drives my wife nuts (because I usually talk pretty quietly).

Cheers,
Scott.
New I don't know the actual number, know it is common
I'm afflicted as well, but mildly. It takes a transition to a lot of glare to cause the sneeze, and often I can hold it off.

As for the site as a whole, I'd be far happier if they included some differentials for their diagnoses. If you don't know, doctors try to always come up with a diagnosis and the differential. The diagnosis is what you think it is. The differential what you'd guess it to be if the diagnosis is wrong. People do a better job of examining things closely when they're trying to decide between similar things, hence the value of the differential.

For instance look at what they have for [link|http://www.mybodylanguage.co.uk/allergyrings.htm|dark rings under your eyes]. Yes, it possible that that is allergies. But the differential damned well better include not enough sleep, and any decent doctor will look for ways to tell those two possibilities apart.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Dark rings under eyes can indicate heart issues as well
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Box.. maybe a reason why yer maybe the best edjaKated
amongst us is -- ya keeps the peepers open, and seem to remember all that stuff.

Yup, heard that one re eye-rings.

In the olden days, Doctors.. ackshully Looked at people and not CRTs
-- eyes-cast-downwards as they struggle to fit the boilerplate 'advice' to the remaining 2.7 minutes of this pesky interview.

They looked at tongues (LOTS there), in the ear canal == THEMSELVES
They looked closely at skin - our largest organ and most visible. Duh.
(They pinched it, too -- see effects of aging, smoking and other habits)
They looked inside nostrils -
They ... ...

I'd pick an authentic Shaman over the 98% - if I could.
These have been taught to Observe and remember, since tykedom.
(But the Best are too smart to want to live here.. voluntarily)
New That transition can be useful, too
I sneeze a lot - 10-15 times in a row. Sometimes towards the end of a round the sneezes stop coming so well, and an aborted sneeze is worse than an actual one. To get a reluctant one out, I can often just look at a bright light fixture (the fluorescents over my head work well) to coax the sneeze out.

And what do you do with eye rings when it's both allergies AND lack of sleep? :-P
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Let you rest in a dark box with no allergen exposure...
in the worst case a coffin will do.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New That's probably what it would take...
Regards,

-scott anderson

New "And what do you do with eye rings when it's both allergies
AND lack of sleep?"

You take benadryl. Lots and lots of benadryl. You'll be asleep in no time AND you wont be sneezing.

New I don't have issues sleeping...
... so much as finding the time to do so.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Heh - should have done more of it earlier.
     Do sneeze in bright sunlight? - (broomberg) - (12)
         Actually most people do - (ben_tilly) - (11)
             Third of people - (lister) - (10)
                 My old boss had a strange way of sneezing. - (Another Scott)
                 I don't know the actual number, know it is common - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                     Dark rings under eyes can indicate heart issues as well -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Box.. maybe a reason why yer maybe the best edjaKated - (Ashton)
                     That transition can be useful, too - (admin) - (5)
                         Let you rest in a dark box with no allergen exposure... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             That's probably what it would take... -NT - (admin)
                         "And what do you do with eye rings when it's both allergies - (bionerd) - (2)
                             I don't have issues sleeping... - (admin) - (1)
                                 Heh - should have done more of it earlier. -NT - (CRConrad)

The genius of it is that it was designed for any idiot to use.
160 ms