IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well if you start walking now...
...you'll get here in time.

Assuming google is accurate that's 4382km. That goes through our southern neighbour. Assuming 1m/s walking speed that's 50 days 17 hours 13 minutes 20 seconds. According to google. Remembering that google is my friend I'll take that at face value. You'd even have time to squeeze in some sleep, eating and the odd wimpy "My feet hurt!" break.

Otherwise it's planes, trains and automobiles time. Unless you have a transporter. Wow them with the paper, baffle them with the transporter. Or vice versa. Your choice.

Ever been here before?
lister
New been there, yep
spent the summer of 1984 there working at the MTCC, Metropolitan Toronto Convention Centre for the out of towners, while it was under construction. I was working for CN Rail on the maintenance crew supervising the contractors.

Couple of highlights of my stay: Seeing Topol in Fiddler on the Roof and Yul Brenner in The King and I. I was surprised at how short he was. But his stage presence filled the room.

I'm not looking forward to being in downtown TO in August again. But it's only for a couple of days. I'm sure I can handle it. :-)
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Hot & Sticky
Yeah the heat and humidity can get pretty bad sometimes. All the asphalt and concrete don't help either. The waterfront and island are good spots to cool off if you don't want to be stuck inside with A/C. I don't mind it myself. It certainly beats the crappy winters.

If you'd be looking for a few quality places to wet your whistle I can recommend a few spots downtown for you...
lister
     Toronto in August - (cforde) - (7)
         Well if you start walking now... - (lister) - (2)
             been there, yep - (cforde) - (1)
                 Hot & Sticky - (lister)
         Congratuleducations! -NT - (Meerkat)
         look for sponsors -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Me thinks he just did! :-) -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Caribana! - (Silverlock)

Thank you for making a simple LRPD very happy.
126 ms