IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some convergence perhaps
Re: Either that, or convince Date & Darwin that your pet language is the way to go.

Date and I chose [infix] because we thought it was better for teaching purposes, but we have had cause to regret it and would probably switch to prefix notation if we could start again from scratch.

-- Hugh Darwen

Perhaps you need to get out of the design and...into the implementation phase

I have started working on an XBase demo implementation of my proposed language, but keep dragging my feet when it comes to finishing it.
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Wow. That's harsh. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New its straight forward, lucrative and he enjoys the language
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New You are writing a language IN xBase?
Of course you'll never finish it!
New I am sort of pushing off parsing issues to something else
             Let's bring back FoxPro! - (tablizer) - (11)
                 Silly person you - (broomberg) - (10)
                     Preach! -NT - (drewk)
                     63.472% Disagree - (tablizer)
                     Real world example - (broomberg) - (7)
                         I am not sure what your point is - (tablizer) - (6)
                             It's been done already - (broomberg) - (5)
                                 Or PL/SQL, or TransactSQL, or... -NT - (admin) - (4)
                                     Nah - (broomberg) - (2)
                                         I didn't say they were the best. - (admin) - (1)
                                             I know. I do. - (broomberg)
                                     I find PL/SQL and Transact/SQL too verbose -NT - (tablizer)
         COALESCE - (drewk)
         Re: Simple SQL look-up turns out hairy - (JayMehaffey)
         Simpler SQL - (ChrisR) - (2)
             My 1999 book implies UPDATE....FROM is not standard -NT - (tablizer) - (1)
                 Probably so... - (ChrisR)
         And you're surprised because what? -NT - (pwhysall)
         Another SQL Puzzle - (tablizer) - (31)
             Re: Another SQL Puzzle - (ChrisR) - (25)
                 Hmmm. Standard? -NT - (tablizer) - (24)
                     No such thing in SQL world - dialects everywhere -NT - (tuberculosis) - (22)
                         Good point. Standard != Common_Implementation - (tablizer) - (21)
                             Lemme guess... - (ben_tilly) - (20)
                                 The best way to fix non-standard implementations.... - (ChrisR)
                                 I had a look. - (static) - (13)
                                     Fish in a barrel -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                     Please be more specific -NT - (tablizer) - (11)
                                         Horse corpse - meet Mr. Stick -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                                             IOW, guilty until proven innocent. IranWeThey - (tablizer)
                                         Sorry, I've got real SQL work to do. -NT - (static) - (8)
                                             SQL sucks (as a relational language) - (tablizer) - (7)
                                                 Perhaps you need to get out of the design and... - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                                     Some convergence perhaps - (tablizer) - (5)
                                                         sounds like you would be happy doing MAS90 -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             Wow. That's harsh. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 its straight forward, lucrative and he enjoys the language -NT - (boxley)
                                                         You are writing a language IN xBase? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                             I am sort of pushing off parsing issues to something else -NT - (tablizer)
                                 WRONGO! - (tablizer) - (4)
                                     Re: WRONGO! - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                                         Prefix != "procedural" - (tablizer) - (2)
                                             I wasn't talking aobut it's notation - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                                                 Variables can be semantic "references", not necess. storage - (tablizer)
                     CASE is the ANSI/ISO-standard - (ChrisR)
             Easy if you have decode - (SpiceWare)
             Re: Another SQL Puzzle - (takicutie) - (3)
                 hmm - decode won't work afterall - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                     Nope, no negative in my case - (tablizer) - (1)
                         It has been standardized. - (ChrisR)

Considered an odd number by mathematicians around the world.
103 ms