IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'd be happy to see Eureka slide into the sea
I put in there for repairs on the way up the coast. Nobody there knows the first thing about yachts - only ugly fishing boats. Not a competent diesel mechanic in the place.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:40:47 AM EDT
New Oh boo-freaking-hoo
Sorry Todd but damn, could you get your nose a little higher in the air? "Eww, these people can't afford pleasure craft, they have to make a living from the sea." That being the case, I find it hard to believe there's not a good diesel mechanic to be found, but still.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New You have to hear the story first hand to understand.
New You speak without knowledge
They don't make their living from it. For most of them fishing boats are their pleasure craft and as for keeping them up - they just don't give a damn.

Boatyard is self service only. They don't have a crane for pulling masts and the crane ops you can get are incompetent (and I'm still trying to get paid back for $1700 in damage because they can't follow basic directions like -oh STOP!). They don't bother washing the sand out of the slings on the hoist so they fuck up your topsides. The fucking boatyard is only accessible at high tide - typically just when the fog rolls in so you can't fucking find it. It took me 3 days and as many tries to cross the bay and make it to the lift at high tide in clear visibility. There are many more little items wrt locals trying to squeeze the stranger but I'll leave it there.

3 different diesel mechanics took a listen to my engine - all recommended pulling engine for teardown and month long refurb. Upon reaching Seattle, one skilled mechanic took a quick listen, poked around, diagnosed a stuck injector and fixed it in a couple days.

Ultimately, I called a truck just to be gone. Fuck Eureka.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:40:58 AM EDT
New Hey, don't diss everything about Eureka!
You never know when you might be talking to someone who was born there.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Then again, he might...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Tsunami Alert! for CA / west coast____er, cancelled - (Ashton) - (7)
         Wouldn'a helped:They don't have 3 TVs/head, blaring all day. -NT - (CRConrad)
         I'd be happy to see Eureka slide into the sea - (tuberculosis) - (5)
             Oh boo-freaking-hoo - (drewk) - (2)
                 You have to hear the story first hand to understand. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 You speak without knowledge - (tuberculosis)
             Hey, don't diss everything about Eureka! - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Then again, he might... -NT - (admin)

Nearly sentient.
86 ms