IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't listen to or watch PBS
All PBS is good for is children's shows, and shows that put me to sleep after watching them for 15 minutes, and maybe some good British SciFi shows that they only show during pledge season which get taken away once the pledge breaks are gone. I've grown up losing faith in PBS, and apparently so has a lot of other people.

Apparently I do have bad cards, seems no matter what I do at work, they just don't want to keep me around. I only seem to be kept to get things done, and once my projects are over, I get the old heave ho. At least it seems this way with my last job. They wanted to remove my position to create a new position at a lower salary? "Business Analyst" whatever that is.

Ah well, they got their way, and I am in the process of collecting unemployment and looking for work. I can't stop to look bad now, all I can do is try to find another job.

It seems to me that the only people who get promoted and kept on are the brownnosers, the backstabbers, the liars, the office snitches, and the bluffers. Once they get promoted into management positions, look out! :( Easygoing guys like me who try to get by just on my work, end up getting laid off, or worked too hard and forced to quit.
New Re: I don't listen to or watch PBS
Since I don't recognize the 'PBS' you are describing, I'll have to conclude that in MO: all they show are the childrens' shows. You aren't required to look to see if the above 'pledge drive' one is on in your area - it was just a suggestion, as it went to the substance of your poem. (You also aren't required to scan the latest offerings to see if you'd fall asleep for all of them. That part I won't try to guess.)

I knew someone from Europe who emigrated here and went to work for a US company. They quickly realized that she was an excellent worker: so they began piling more and more on her.

After recovering from a bleeding ulcer in hospital, after she collapsed one day - we had a little chat. She began to comprehend what US bizness was like, and that her responsibility to herself required that she learn to say NO in the form, ..if you want That now, I'll drop __. If you want __ now, I cannot do That now. *Period*

I don't pretend to know the 'expected standards' of coding output, but I've gathered enough to see that - TTT (Things Take Time). I can see that you have been in an environment much like H's environment. Perhaps you need to rehearse the setting of priorities and the EITHER/OR firm, but polite reply (?) *They* are responsible for the priorities. You are responsible for 100% of the 8-hour day, if that's what you are paid for. If you perpetually acquiesce into supplying 110%, I'd imagine that you will soon be asked for 120%.

(I believe you see all that, and so do they) -- but as you've noticed: [even without being lawyers to boot] biznessfolk tend to want as much as they can get. You need not, however: supply that more, nor accept the attitude that you have Failed\ufffd, when you are given conflicting priorities and they prove impossible.

Y'know? We all talk to ourselves. Possibly you could practice making some form of common sense to yourself - it is difficult breaking the habit of trying to please even the assholes amongst us. H. learned. I am *sure* that you can, especially since you know the outcome when you quietly accept every task requested. "Enough!" is the common word.

Your next gig is bound to profit from this all and.. You're Free of those Assholes! to boot. If it's a card game, isn't it about time you dealt? Dealer names the game. But you have to practice acting like the dealer sometimes. (Even silly names like 'emPowerment' ... aren't all that silly, actually.)

Maybe too, if you have trouble keeping head up / level and lookin 'em in the eye at interviews.. mirrors are good for practice. Your first one minute sets the tone: you can act-out and remember an entire minute of entering the room, sitting slowly and then relaxing as in .. coolly (that's what they told me, anyway). Cool beats nervous 100% of the time. Like whistling past the cemetery - you'll actually *feel* cool. Honest.

"I'm the guy who saved __'s bacon with an impossible VB-script feat. I expect I can do that and more for ___", because I've also been working on ___ and I see possibilities in __. I just know this ain't a bad line.

Good luck. You're an actor as we all are. Give a fine performance on the next audition / interview! Hell, look what some rilly Bad actors get in action movies; you're better than that. (But ya gotta Look Like It too!)

Cheers,

A.
     Poem: Changing Cards - (nking) - (3)
         It's in the cards - (Ashton) - (2)
             I don't listen to or watch PBS - (nking) - (1)
                 Re: I don't listen to or watch PBS - (Ashton)

Why do you ask me? You know I cannot do this thing anymore with the bugs.
43 ms