IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mozilla
Ever since I switched to it back around a year ago, I was happy with the better security.

Behavior-wise though...

With v1.7, I'd go to a web site, page down a few screens, click on a link, read something, then hit the BACK button, and return to the position I was previously at.

Since then, with the upgraded versions, I'll do the same thing, BUT, 4 out of 5 times on the average, when I hit the BACK button, it returns me to the top of the page I was on previously, not where I was at when I clicked on a link. Especially on IWETHEY, where I'm reading older posts first in a forum, this is a constant headache that shouldn't exist.
lincoln
"Until the revolution, we are only useful for our private information and our money."
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Switch to Firefox
I've seen your problem in "the Suite" but don't see it in Firefox. (The only thing I use in the Suite nowadays is the Composer...mostly because I'm too cheap to spring for a "real" one that I'd use maybe 2-3x/yr.)
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New What Jay said.
Plus, Thunderbird is awesome for e-mail.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
[image|http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg||||]
New Using Firefox 1.0.4 since last night
Spent a lot of time today training it to block ad sites. Generally impressed with its fixing of my Mozilla problem; however, the network is still slow (you know the link) but that's not the new browser's fault.

Thunderbird might be hot shit, but when I get a new box I'll need something that can import all of my OE mail files - haven't read anything definitive that Thunderbird will do that. Since it'll be Ubuntu (thanks again Greg), I can't leave the mail behind.
lincoln
"Until the revolution, we are only useful for our private information and our money."
New You should be fine in using Thunderbird to grab OE mail. (new thread)
Created as new thread #210329 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=210329|You should be fine in using Thunderbird to grab OE mail.]
New firefox does it too on rare occassions
just an annoyance, but good coding shouldn't have let this slip through.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Mozilla - (lincoln) - (5)
         Switch to Firefox - (jb4)
         What Jay said. - (folkert) - (2)
             Using Firefox 1.0.4 since last night - (lincoln) - (1)
                 You should be fine in using Thunderbird to grab OE mail. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
         firefox does it too on rare occassions - (lincoln)

Then when the mother turned back around I stuck my tongue out at the kid again.
46 ms