IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wish I could go
But I've got a trip to Boston in August that'll suck back enough bucks out of my bank account. Maybe next summer if there's one. A party that is. We'd all have some serious issues at hand if there wasn't a summer next year.

Out of curiousity since there's lots of you Yanks here, does anyone know if it's possible to have a record purged from the US customs/immigration system? I was barred entry one time back in 1997 or 1998 citing some stupid NAFTA work rule. (I was only going down to a sales office on my companies behalf to have a technical interview with someone for a new sysadmin job at the sales office. After a bad experience with our UK sysadmin we wanted to make sure we hired better.) I don't see why this goes on *MY* record and not my former company. While I can get into the USA still, I'm usually given the hairy eyeball which always makes me nervous that I'll be denied entry by some gungho fuckwit border agent after making a long drive to the border. I've tried looking through various US government customs/immigration websites but haven't had much luck and I'm dreading going through phone system hell to find out.
lister
New dont rock the boat
once you are on the list its impossible to get off. Trying to get off will raise further interest. Canadian side isnt much better. Once had to drive from buffalo to detroit to get in your side.
thanx,
bill
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Gah!
Damn bureaucratic nightmare! I remember reading about some program where you register with the US gov't and get a speedy pass through when crossing. I wonder if that might do the trick.

I'm a nice white guy from Canada. The only danger I pose to is myself.
lister
New It is one of those:
"Once you acquire membership, you are forever a Member" kind of things.

No amount of beggin, pleading, swearing, threatening... well don't threaten them. But anyway, Do not raise the Iire of the Agent, nor the notice of the Agency. Seeing how the Department of Redundancy Department (otherwise know as the Department of Homeland Security) basically gets what ever it wants, and wide berth to do what it wants with those things it gets.

Soooo Sorry, you need to be as Inconspicuous as possible going through customs/borders but not TO Inconspicuous, they'll hunt you down like the Dog they believe you are. Just remember my little occurence with DHS when I flew to New York's Laguardia from Detroit, a very humiliating experience, but if I didn't just give in, I wouldn't have gotten to New York.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
[image|http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg||||]
     It looks like I'm going to make beep's this year! - (ben_tilly) - (25)
         Outside of "Yay!"? - (imric) - (7)
             I'll be there 2nd-4th - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 I hope you plan on checking out Philly... - (imric) - (1)
                     Re: I hope you plan on checking out Philly... - (pwhysall)
                 If other people will be there on the 3rd... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     We'll be there then, but... - (admin) - (1)
                         give her the keys and a map -NT - (boxley)
             have rented a car, leaving on 29th - (boxley)
         Well if it helps...the neighbors are different - (bepatient) - (10)
             !Woo and !Yay -NT - (drewk)
             Happy 4th of Meow -NT - (ChrisR)
             It helps, but I'm not sure which way... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                 dont forget the lag effect - (boxley) - (6)
                     Not only did I remember that but... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         dang bassackwards agin - (boxley)
                         Beep's coffee could help _that_ - (imric) - (3)
                             I prefer the new icon -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Ia Ia shub-niggurath zippididoodah day! - (imric) - (1)
                                     lookth like a thick Thok thock boxth, Thonny ____:-\ufffdth -NT - (Ashton)
         Stay the extra day - (broomberg) - (1)
             I'm leaning that way -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Wish I could go - (lister) - (3)
             dont rock the boat - (boxley) - (1)
                 Gah! - (lister)
             It is one of those: - (folkert)

I have neither space nor cash nor latitude to adorn my house with any more things with CPUs in them.
299 ms