IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Moving is okay
I've moved a total of three times. Come next summer it'll be four. The first move was the biggest moving from the family home in the 'burbs of Trawnno out to the farer east shithole known as Ajax. Bleah. The only redeeming features were being a stone throw from Lake Ontario along with a good view. Fortunately my time out there was limited to four to five months. I got a taste of the train and subway commute from there to western Toronto and vowed never to do that again after I moved out. For that big move we got a big dumpster put on our driveway and my sister and I were tasked with chucking out all the useless shit my parents had acquired over the years. Lots and lots and lots of tacky '60s and '70s shit pulled up from the depths of the basement crawlspace. We filled that sucker up good! eBay wasn't around back then and a garage sale was out because I hate people, especially garage sale people. "Fuck you! No, it's $10. Read the tag! No I won't haggle. It's a coffee maker that's never been used. Fucking cheapskate!"

With my final move, for hopefully a long time, to my very own brand spanking new downtown condo, I've been slowly over the past year going through all the crap I have in my tiny apartment. Stuff being sold, stuff being chucked, papers read and either kept or shredded and some stuff being boxed up well ahead of time. I hate packing things at the last minute. You lose any organization and can't find stuff for weeks on end after a move.

I've helped move my sister twice, my dad twice, my mom twice, one friend three times and I expect a fourth move in the next few years, other friends a total of five times. Come the middle to end of June I'll be helping another friend move.

As long as there is good beer and I get fed a meal or two, I don't mind.

"Find out who your real friends are, move something!"
lister
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #209770 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=209770|ICLRPD]
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     don't you _ever_ buy another thing. - (cforde) - (42)
         Moving sucks - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
             Moving house is the thing I detest most of all. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Good luck with the new house, Carl! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Congrats! - (Yendor)
         Heh - I've said that to my wife at least a dozen times - (tuberculosis) - (17)
             "If you don't know what's in the bag, you don't need it." - (drewk) - (15)
                 My strategy - (tuberculosis) - (14)
                     My experience is... - (Another Scott) - (13)
                         Au contraire... - (ben_tilly)
                         I have found that having too much stuff . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                             During our move - (boxley) - (1)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Bingo! - (Ashton) - (8)
                                 ... - (static) - (7)
                                     ... - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
                                         ... - (drewk) - (5)
                                             I've probably got all of those - - - somewhere. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                 I've got a third of a PDP-8 core memory module somewhere... -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                     ... - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                         ... - (a6l6e6x)
                                                     Hum it to sleep: KRS, RAR, JMS, SZL, 7402 ... zzzzzzzzzz -NT - (Ashton)
             we threw out bags of stuff too - (cforde)
         having just been thru that I commiserate -NT - (boxley)
         One project at at time... - (bionerd) - (2)
             But s/he who has the most stuff wins - haven't you heard? -NT - (Another Scott)
             we can't stand clutter either - (cforde)
         I'm moving in a month and a half or so. - (hnick) - (12)
             We also have a four-bedroom house and no kids - (Nightowl) - (10)
                 Re: 1500+ stuffed critters - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Re: 1500+ stuffed critters - (Nightowl)
                     Nothing like selling your children... - (ChrisR)
                 Don't sell 'em. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     ! -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         Stuffed toys == TEH EVIL. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             She just needs a dog to play with them. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 So very true - (bionerd) - (2)
                                     Your dog is a Sith - (drewk)
                                     Re: So very true - (Nightowl)
             I don't envy you that - (cforde)
         I have to do that this month. :-( (but smaller place) -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Moving is okay - (lister) - (1)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (boxley)

Moron who called moron a moron fired by moron.
341 ms