I loaded it up. About 1s to get a splash screen, then another 5 seconds to get through the various "this is an eval" and licensing dialogs (95% user time). Then another 5 seconds to create a new profile, save it, and quit.

anderson@spork:~/dnl/md/moneydance$ time ./moneydance
loading platform helper...

real 0m3.056s
user 0m2.172s
sys 0m0.167s
That's a full program load, loading the new profile (or whatever they call it), then pressing ctrl-q to quit as soon as I see it's loaded.

This is an AMD 2500. Not particularly fast, not particularly slow.

Now, comparing this to Gnucash, doing the same thing:
anderson@spork:~$ time gnucash

real 0m5.443s
user 0m3.139s
sys 0m0.106s
Boy, that "C" language must be really slow, if it's that much slower than Java. And this is after I've cached it. The first time I ran it, 5 seconds to a splash, and another 5 to the loaded screen. The first time I ran Moneydance, it was just as fast as the other times. Typically I'm not going to have my finance app cached, so I'm sitting there for the 10 seconds every time with Gnucash.

On the Mini (1.4Ghz G4), it's about 5 seconds to get do the same thing in Moneydance. In comparison, iCal takes 3 seconds to start, NeoOffice 10s, and Camino 6s.

Beyond the speed differences, Gnucash has a UI that can charitably be described as "ass" in comparison to that of Moneydance. Guess which UI is pixelated, and which one has smooth text and nice widgets? And the Moneydance widgets sure as hell look like native Mac widgets to me. Actually, some of them are nicer. The checkboxes, for example, while they look just like the Mac widgets, have a nice background halo when in focus that the Mac widgets don't.

This knee-jerk asshattery of yours is beneath you. Get over it. Shitty programs come in all languages.