IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Finally saw it
I saw it at a DLP theatre. Flawless picture. I wish more movies looked like that without all the grain, crackles, pops, etc.

Well Lucas didn't let me down. He proved yet again that he shouldn't be directing and writing Star Wars movies. With the exception of a few bright spots, the dialogue and acting were bad. Ian McDiarmid and Evan McGregor were the best performances followed up by the brief appearance of Christopher Lee.

Anakin's turn felt very quick, like he thought "Oh what the fuck, why not?!" Considering how pregnant Padme was she ran surprisingly well down the ship landing plank towards the end of the movie. Overall an okay movie, easily the best of the prequels. I can't help to imagine what those would have been like if Lucas had writing partners and directors to help him, not just for simple tweaks but overall different films. *sigh* One can only hope that if the recently talked about prequel to the prequels and fan desired episodes seven through nine ever see fruition, that Lucas keeps his dirty hands off them for people that can do better.

When all six movies are reissued in HD I'll probably only buy the original trilogy. Regular DVD is good enough for the second trilogy.
lister
New Me too
Refused to read this thread until then.
I got about 1/3 through Owl's post before abandoning.
Too much gushy crap.

Verdict: Worth watching. Once.
New Too late
When all six movies are reissued in HD I'll probably only buy the original trilogy.
You can't get the originals any more. You'll have to troll eBay for pre-edit versions.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Yes, yes
I didn't mean the original unmodified trilogy. I know we can't get that anymore. I have the actual original unmodified movies on widescreen VHS which are stored away sealed in a box never to see sunlight again. I'm just saying that when the six movies are released in HD I'll just get IV, V and VI.
lister
New You probably won't be able to.
My bet is that Lucas releases all six films in a single pack, without releasing any DVD singles.
Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall, aleph-null bottles of beer.
You take one down, you pass it around,
Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall!
New Re: You probably won't be able to.
My bet is that Lucas releases all six films in a single pack, without releasing any DVD singles.

They are already out there in DVD singles, at least the first two prequels are. The OT was released in the 4 DVD set, and probably won't be released in singles, at least I would doubt it. But I'm sure Sith would be released by itself as a DVD single, I can't see him being ready for the box set of 6 later this year, not if he wants to get all the stuff in that he wants to put in it.

I saw Sith again on Monday, and caught a lot of the neat things Star Wars Fans look for that I had missed the first go-round, like a cameo of the Falcon. ;)

Brenda

Don't mind me, I'm playing in VI!
Expand Edited by Nightowl May 31, 2005, 09:29:48 PM EDT
New Saw ROTJ Sunday night
In the end, when you see the spirits of Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan, they replaced the original actor for Anakin with the younger actor. For consistancy, they should have replaced both Yoda and Obi Wan as well.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
     Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith - (Nightowl) - (51)
         Shorter version: Sith happens -NT - (rcareaga)
         clarification for owl - (rcareaga) - (5)
             I'm afraid you're quite mistaken - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Aw shucks - (Nightowl) - (1)
                     surprised - (rcareaga)
             hhmmmmm - (cforde) - (1)
                 the force is with you, my son - (rcareaga)
         10 "awesome"s and 57 "I"s. 3091 words. - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Tell me you counted these statistics by hand.... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 Naw, used Pages. - (pwhysall)
             As I explained - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Then why post it here? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Simply - (Nightowl)
         Suck Wars: Revenge of the Suck. - (inthane-chan) - (24)
             Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher could pull off lame dialog.. - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 "The Science of Star Wars" is showing on some cable station - (Silverlock)
             How's it compare to Episode 1? - (warmachine) - (4)
                 Worlds better. - (inthane-chan)
                 Re: How's it compare to Episode 1? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     I know I'll be disappointed (spoiler) - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         You'll enjoy... - (SpiceWare)
             star wars one line review - (boxley) - (16)
                 Prediction - (drewk) - (12)
                     You mean: Charley and the Chocolate Factory? - (folkert)
                     That's a movie I'm looking forward to seeing - (bionerd) - (10)
                         Same thing we thought - (drewk) - (3)
                             The preview didn't answer any questions - (bepatient)
                             A few years ago I drove out to NJ - (bionerd) - (1)
                                 July 15 - (drewk)
                         Not Willy!!! Charley! -NT - (folkert)
                         Johnny's gonna be Charley? -NT - (bionerd) - (4)
                             It is the continuation of the Story... from what I am told. -NT - (folkert) - (3)
                                 Ooh, good call ... a simple remake would have been tricky -NT - (drewk)
                                 We should've looked it up in the first place - (bionerd) - (1)
                                     I see. So it is actually closer to the book than before. -NT - (folkert)
                 I thought some of the fights were decent - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     the only love interest I saw was the gay club - (boxley)
                 when it comes to reviews - (lincoln)
         Another angle on the series - - (Ashton)
         I wish that line had been there as well - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             Yeah, poor Threepio! - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 I'd say comparable to Return of the Jedi - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Re: I'd say comparable to Return of the Jedi - (Nightowl)
         Finally saw it - (lister) - (6)
             Me too - (broomberg)
             Too late - (drewk) - (4)
                 Yes, yes - (lister) - (2)
                     You probably won't be able to. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Re: You probably won't be able to. - (Nightowl)
                 Saw ROTJ Sunday night - (SpiceWare)
         Hunter's guide to the StarWars III easter eggs (new thread) - (tuberculosis)

Holy cow! NONE of us have opposable thumbs!
388 ms