IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I saw the same symptoms recently.
Connections from my Win2k PC to the net were OK part of the time, but slow. Windows file sharing was glacial to or from the box. Printing to a local Lexmark TCP/IP printer would fail.

But it was only my office. A D-Link DSS-5+ 10/100 switch on my desk was apparently crapping out. I replaced it with a Netgear FS105 and the problems went away.

Are the users on the same subnet sharing a router or switch somewhere? Have you tried a different DNS? [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=202375|Greg's ] seem to work pretty well.

I don't know of any virus/spyware that would cause those symptoms, but I haven't kept up with such things as much as I probably should.

HTH. Luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New These are remote users
Connecting from their home office or hotels or Starbucks or customer sites or wherever.
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken

Support our troops, Impeach Bush.
D. D. Richards
New Dunno. It sounds like you've checked most everything.
Just in case, I assume you've been through [link|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/102908/|this] page at MS's site.

Hey, it's Winders. Sometimes that's just the way it is. The code wears out and sometimes you just have to buy a new system.

Or something. ;-)

Luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New ICLRPDii
"Hey, it's Winders. Sometimes that's just the way it is."

"The code wears out and sometimes you just have to buy a new system."
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New I've seen it before
Singularly unhelpfull in most cases.

It did make me think of something else to look at though. I need to check the lmhosts file to make sure nothing "uninvited" has ended up in it.
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken

Support our troops, Impeach Bush.
D. D. Richards
     Seeing an odd problem with W2K/networking - (Silverlock) - (18)
         I saw the same symptoms recently. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             These are remote users - (Silverlock) - (3)
                 Dunno. It sounds like you've checked most everything. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     ICLRPDii - (imric)
                     I've seen it before - (Silverlock)
         Static or dynamic IP addresses? - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             Dynamic - (Silverlock)
         Any chance it's an IPv4/IPv6 issue of some kind? - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Seeing an odd problem with W2K/networking - (andread) - (4)
             Huh? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                 I bet he's thinking of dodgy proxy autoconf doin's. -NT - (pwhysall)
                 Re: Huh? - (andread) - (1)
                     "When IE goes bad..." Luv. It! -NT - (jb4)
         Follow up - (Silverlock) - (4)
             This sounds familiar. - (static) - (3)
                 Yeah,so far-but that may change,as HAL is Middle Kingdom now -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     Only if you think Kdmnun can't keep it up. - (folkert)
                     I'm wondering how you knew who I was thinking of. :-) -NT - (static)

I had lobster Marshall plan twice today...
116 ms