IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sun Expands in Four Offshore Sites to Replace Silicon Valley
[link|http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050509/india_sun_eastward.html?.v=3|Sun Microsystems Expands in Four Offshore Sites to Replace Silicon Valley Hub]

"BANGALORE, India (AP) -- Sun Microsystems Inc. has chosen four of its facilities around the world to take the place of its Silicon Valley office as the research and development hub, the U.S. computer hardware and software maker said on Friday.

The four research and development centers are in the Indian city of Bangalore, the Chinese capital of Beijing, Russia's St. Petersburg and the Czech Republic capital, Prague.

"We are over-invested in high-cost geographies like the U.S., and underinvested in low-cost geographies like India," Stephen Pelletier, the company's senior vice president of global engineering, told reporters in Bangalore.
"We are not pulling out," he said. "We are going to have a big presence in the Silicon Valley for a long time."

What does this say abouit the the future of hi tech in the US?
New Sun has been in a downward spiral for some time
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New That is not the issue
The issue is that companies are fleeing the US for cheaper climates.
New Companies with no other options...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New What future?
I just hope it lasts as an industry until 5/31/2015 and I have serious doubts about that.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New What is happening on 5/31/2015?
Is that when you plan on retiring? Is your retirement plan secure?
New thats when he has enough to buy a mickey d franchise
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I was thinking more along the lines of a bar ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

God Bless America.
New That's when I ...
throw every last one of the computers I own (all 7 of them) into the middle of Lake Michigan and never have to touch one of the infernal things that isn't embedded into an airplane panel again! :-D

Actually, yes and no. Yes I hope to never again have to even look at a computer after May 15, 2015 (that's the month my youngest will graduate from college). And no, not retire just do something far more useful and enjoyable with my work. The plans are to be a CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) for supplemental income. The spouse will be a Nurse Practitioner by then, we should have the house, cars, kids' college and the airplane paid for by then, so I might - *might* - be able to get away with my plan. Assuming, of course, the wife doesn't insist on buying another luxury UAV in the meantime. </shudder>
bcnu,
Mikem

God Bless America.
     Sun Expands in Four Offshore Sites to Replace Silicon Valley - (bluke) - (8)
         Sun has been in a downward spiral for some time -NT - (admin) - (2)
             That is not the issue - (bluke) - (1)
                 Companies with no other options... -NT - (admin)
         What future? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             What is happening on 5/31/2015? - (bluke) - (3)
                 thats when he has enough to buy a mickey d franchise -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     I was thinking more along the lines of a bar ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 That's when I ... - (mmoffitt)

My name's Friday. I carry a badge.
104 ms