IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But that's at a penal colony, otherwise known as Australia.
Surely that wouldn't happen in the US! :)
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New And here I thought...
...That they were talking about the Brasserie Jo restaurant in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Not in Los Angeles County, it wouldn't.
Restaurants here are closed at the drop of a hat. Every restaurant displays a rating code at the door. "A", "B", and "C" are "this place is safe" ratings, below that it's numerical. I've never seen a numerical and seldom see "C" (a rating that's difficult to survive).

Inspections are unscheduled, and if a problem is found the customers already served may finish their meal, but otherwise the place is closed until further notice. It's fun to read the monthly closings in the paper (generally well over 100 of them) where you'll see plenty of names you recognize. Most common is hot water temperature, though a few cockroaches will shut you for "vermin infestation" as will a rodent. Among restaurants with Oriental and Mexican names the most common is "no health permit", in other words "Opened Without Papers".

Most closings are cleard same day or next day when the problem has been fixed and reinspected, but you get a "B" or "C" rating it's going to be up there for awhile because that's considered systemic.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New SSSSSHHHH! Wade's back!
     Think I'll eat at home, thanks. - (bionerd) - (5)
         You want ketchup with that rat? - (Silverlock)
         But that's at a penal colony, otherwise known as Australia. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             And here I thought... - (Yendor)
             Not in Los Angeles County, it wouldn't. - (Andrew Grygus)
             SSSSSHHHH! Wade's back! -NT - (FuManChu)

The following is a paid announcement.
70 ms