IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New .NET is insane?
Perhaps you are right, any company considering .NET based on the betas of .NET must be insane? As is my current employer.

Either that, or they are driving me insane. I got a feeling that you are getting there yourself based on your posts. I think we both need a vacation for a while. I got one set for next week myself, time to get away from work for a week and unwind that Cuckoo Clock in my head and make the King of the PATATO-People go away. :)
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New Re: .NET is insane? - Confirming my impression ...

Your comments both here and in Software topic seem to confirm what I
understand MS are doing.

A tried and true tactic - make a promise - position it as reality - imply it is the answer to everyone's prayers - paint the rosiest of rosiest blue horizons -

then in reality throw lots of very imature code at customers and swamp them with the effort of feeding back how to solve the problems & get it all working.
At the same time keep redesigning it all as the flaws are exposed. Also whilst working with standards bodies and partners - keep putting out incomplete & very imature versions of 'standards' before the bodies and partners have even agreed on what parts will be 'standards' & what the actual definitions are.

Problem MS have this time round is that the open source model is delivering just as fast (if not faster on a broader front) *but* it delivers quality that far surpasses what MS can.

I believe customers can't keep taking the heat & the defections will be MS downfall.

D

New Its an abusive relationship
sort of like the relationship that patients have with Doctors. You know that the Doctors will raise their rates, put you on meds that will have side-effects, and charge you more when you need to go to a Hospital. But what choice do you have besides staying home and being sick until your die? There may be alternatives to Doctors, but the patients are not sure if those alternatives are safe or effective. You know that Hospitals and Doctors will overcharge you, but you go to them anyway. They'll also make you wait a long time to see them or even make an appointment. Almost all Doctors and Hospitals in the US are the same this way.

The same with Microsoft, except almost everyone goes to the same Doctor/Hospital. If you want to stay on the same plan as everyone else, you have to upgrade to the latest technology otherwise you may no longer be supported by Microsoft. Microsoft software has serious side-effects, but Microsoft claims there are ways around it and they are working to reduce them.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
     From IWE - Understanding MS's grand plan ... WG backs winner - (dmarker2) - (9)
         Is it better? - (imric) - (1)
             Re: Is it better? - (dmarker2)
         Re: From IWE - Understanding MS's grand plan ... WG backs wi - (wharris2) - (5)
             Re: From IWE - etc: - There are two issues re Delivering .. - (dmarker2)
             .NET is insane? - (orion) - (2)
                 Re: .NET is insane? - Confirming my impression ... - (dmarker2) - (1)
                     Its an abusive relationship - (orion)
             "CR-ucking"? Am I to assume... - (CRConrad)
         Oh DUH never mind - (wharris2)

Ramble on.
44 ms