IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anytime
Always happy to say something or other sucks. :-)

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New I've noticed that
How often the the originator of the suckage agree with you?
New Practically never
But that is usually a good sign that they don't really know what they are doing.

Self criticism is a great sign of maturity.

Fave programmer question - so what's wrong with your favorite language? The wrong answer is "nothing".

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New How about this answer
"What's wrong with my favorite language is that it's the best one I've found so far. They all suck. Every minute I spend learning syntax is a minute I don't spend doing something worthwhile. Anyone who actually enjoys code for its own sake is a useful idiot."

What, me cynical? Nah.

And yes, I sometimes appreciate code for its own sake.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Its great
Heck, its the answer I gave. Well, sorta. I was pretty emphatic that while I'm still plenty good at it, I'm kind of tired of it.

Its an OK answer for a potential manager I think, but not for a dev position.

I would press for more detail on why, while its the best so far, it still sucks. Just to be sure he understands something of the language he's dissing (IOW, is he dissing from authority).

New Ignore
Expand Edited by JayMehaffey April 22, 2005, 09:55:02 AM EDT
New So what is wrong with your favorite language? (new thread)
Created as new thread #204400 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=204400|So what is wrong with your favorite language?]
New If you say
something sucks, you're usually right...
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Stupid Cow-Worker tricks - (broomberg) - (20)
         Your error message sucks - (tuberculosis) - (19)
             Thank you - (broomberg) - (18)
                 I like your link :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     ROFL -NT - (imric)
                     Thanks. Diet Coke is not good for the nose. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Don't forget: - (admin)
                 Typo - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                     Fixed -NT - (broomberg)
                 That is about the nicest thing... - (folkert) - (3)
                     Nice has nothing to do with it - (broomberg) - (2)
                         Thank you for your sacrifice. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Re: Thank you for your sacrifice. - (Another Scott)
                 Anytime - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                     I've noticed that - (broomberg) - (5)
                         Practically never - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                             How about this answer - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Its great - (tuberculosis)
                             Ignore -NT - (JayMehaffey)
                             So what is wrong with your favorite language? (new thread) - (JayMehaffey)
                     If you say - (imric)

drook is not your Guinea pig.
108 ms