IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Make 'em use Unicode.
Yeah, [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=198198|I know]...

;-)

I think/hope/expect that biometric scanners are going to become more common as passwords are a poor solution to the problem of permitting access to certain people and excluding others. To be reasonably secure, they need to be unique and complex. To be easy to use and prevent people from making cheat-sheets, they need to be simple.

Of course, biometric scanners have their [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=39901|own problems], but they're better than people carrying around bits of paper with their passwords.

Cheers,
Scott.
New We've been looking at several alternatives
Key fob usb devices look promising as well as fingerprint readers. None of them are quite ready for prime time yet though.
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken

Support our troops, Impeach Bush.
D. D. Richards
     Password policy letter - (Silverlock) - (29)
         Disagree about the expiration - (hnick) - (22)
             "feel free to adapt" - (Silverlock) - (21)
                 Re: "feel free to adapt" - (Yendor) - (19)
                     Are you sure about that? - (Silverlock) - (18)
                         Let's say I'm a bad guy - (Yendor) - (17)
                             On the other hand - (JayMehaffey)
                             Account locked after 5 bad passwords - (Silverlock)
                             You are an *incompetent* bad guy - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 Granted... - (Yendor) - (2)
                                     Disagree - (Silverlock)
                                     But not enough to be even remotely useful -NT - (ben_tilly)
                             Re: Let's say I'm a bad guy - (dws) - (10)
                                 BINGO! - (hnick)
                                 Yep, during security audit at gov agency I worked at - (tuberculosis)
                                 What's the alternative? - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                     Yeabut requiring frequent changes makes it worse. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         As I said before - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             Understood. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     single signon with a 90 day passwd expiration - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Single signon is a happy dream - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             Problem with SSO - (jbrabeck)
                                 Pretty much everyone will write it down anyways - (admin)
                 Make the expiration longer than that. - (ben_tilly)
         I, like it! Me being the password Nazi at work - (folkert)
         And here - (jbrabeck)
         Make 'em use Unicode. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             We've been looking at several alternatives - (Silverlock)
         Apart from the fact that passwords suck - (pwhysall)
         Bit of a late reply... - (static)

It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
210 ms