IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nothing highly researched..
Just hearsay from someone who had counselled lots of pairs - and from >10 years ago.
There seemed to be something (anti-?) magical about 9. But then, even were there good stats behind that report, I can't see that they are of any bloody Use at all, in dealing with one's own life or that of any other - -

IOW, a bit like those Econ 'numbers'; revered, imagined to reveal 'True Facts', extrapolated - creating Greenspans et al (and never related to the Quality produced en mass by adoption of their formulae).

Ashton
New Hmm... Isn't there a concept of a "seven-year itch"?
That is, an "established wisdom" among sociologists etc, that after seven years you've become so familiar with your partner that the grass starts looking greener outside the fence. (cf the saying, "familiarity breeds contempt".)

If a lot of people were being decent about this -- i.e, trying to resist the urge -- or just slow to react, or succeeded in keeping their affairs secret for a while...

In short, if there is a "seven-year itch", but there also are all kinds of reasons for a delay between its onset and its effects, then there could well be a bump in the curve over relationship-breakup frequencies at about nine years.

Just my speculation, of course; more or less a WAG.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Yeah, but it's hard to generalize.
Many men seem to like variety and get restless. But it's hard to generalize about when and how people break up.

E.g. Act 3 of [link|http://www.thislife.org/pages/descriptions/04/261.html|This American Life] on NPR from 3/26/2004:

Act Three. I Want to be a Statistic. Starlee Kine gets answers about her parents marriage from her dad ... after a lifetime of mystery. She and her sister had wanted her parents to divorce since they were little. (16 minutes)
[link|http://www.thislife.org/ra/261.ram|Real Audio].

It's a funny story that probably cuts too close to home for many. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Per some anthropologists
Humans are not a monogamous species. It's hard wired in our brains to go out and mate with as many people as possible. It is theorized that 7 years is about all we can take before the hard wiring instinct kicks in and we go in search of greener pastures. In other words, it's our id that cant handle the monogamy and our superego that keeps us from straying (providing one has a well developed superego). Always a battle going on inside the brain.
     Celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary today :) - (Nightowl) - (40)
         Congratulations! (You sure must be a most compatible couple) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Re: Congratulations! - (Nightowl)
         Make it through 9 - - (Ashton) - (9)
             Which curve is that? - (bionerd) - (7)
                 Thanks, Bionerd! - (Nightowl)
                 Past 17 - (gdaustin) - (1)
                     And here I thought that 15 was pretty good... -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 Nothing highly researched.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Hmm... Isn't there a concept of a "seven-year itch"? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Yeah, but it's hard to generalize. - (Another Scott)
                         Per some anthropologists - (bionerd)
             Re: Make it through 9 - - (Nightowl)
         Congrats! - (jb4)
         Congratulations -NT - (Silverlock)
         Congrats. Our 6th will be in December :) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Thanks everyone! - (Nightowl)
         it only seems like 12 yrs :-) good luck -NT - (boxley)
         My wedding is in 3 days time. - (static) - (20)
             we want pics!! (only the public ones mind) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 There will be pics. I guarantee that. -NT - (static)
             Nervous about the ceremony, right? - (drewk) - (11)
                 Nervous about the day as a whole, I guess. -NT - (static) - (10)
                     Just remember... - (ben_tilly)
                     Treat each other well and you'll do fine. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Your job is to - (lincoln) - (7)
                         A note on pictures - (drewk)
                         yer mates will try to get you drunk, watch out - (boxley) - (1)
                             Yep, been there - (tuberculosis)
                         Re: Your job is to - (Nightowl) - (3)
                             Speaking of which... - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                 Glad you got to go! -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                 It may take a while for him to tell us... - (ben_tilly)
             Re: My wedding is in 3 days time. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Actually, he'll probably be more static. - (Steven A S)
             woohoo! -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             Remember that in the grand scheme of things - (bionerd)
             That's the perfect day to start applying that saying - (Arkadiy)
             Congrats, Wade! - (jb4)
         Congratulations, Brenda! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             heck my goal in life is to match - (boxley)

7.8 on the Richter scale.
64 ms