IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looking for a portable MP player
I have access to a whole library of lectures in mp3 format and want to be able to listen to them on the go. I am looking for a relatively cheap alternative (not an IPod) with a good amount of storage space and good battery life. Audio quality (as it is not music) is not as important.
New How big are the files?
If they're less than 1 GB (for as many as you want to hear), you might want one of the Flash-memory-based players. If not an iPod Shuffle, then there are many alternatives [link|http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=flash+mp3+player&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&tab=wf&scoring=p|here], starting at $25.

I have an Archos hard-drive based thingy, but I've rarely used it.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: How big are the files?
The files are 10-30MB each, 1GB would be plenty big.
New I can give you a review shortly...
...Rumor is that an iRiver is in the offing under my pillow next week.

Have a friend that works at Best Buy. He claims that iPods and iPod Shuffles are among the most-returned items sold.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New MP3 CD player
I've just listened to "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchet on a single CD. Make it a rewritable, and there is your MP3 player.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New Ummm how Is that?
I mean.. listening to TP?

(Somehow I imagine that my imagination of the 'voices' + the visual 'shape' of his zany puns - is an important part of the TP Reading experience.)

Hearing Someone's 'voice' saying all that -??-

So.. what's it like, in eBook form?

moi
New Re: Looking for a portable MP player
I use a Creative Labs Muvo, which doubles as a 256Mb USB stick. Holds 4 hours of lectures and tunes. Mine cost about $100, but they can be had now for $90 at Walmart. I get about 10 hours of useful life on a decent AAA rechargable.
     Looking for a portable MP player - (bluke) - (6)
         How big are the files? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Re: How big are the files? - (bluke)
             I can give you a review shortly... - (Yendor)
         MP3 CD player - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             Ummm how Is that? - (Ashton)
         Re: Looking for a portable MP player - (dws)

Shpongle.
46 ms