IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The answer is, "Yes"
In more detail, I do not consider it a great wrong to kill a cat. It isn't something that I think you should do every day, but I regard killing a cat as far less serious than, say, killing a fully functional person.

In particular in this case I'd consider the act justified by the amount of pain and suffering that I'd avoid in people who care about me. (It may be that I'm seriously overestimating how much they care about me and they would suffer no grief at my prolonged lingering. But my belief is that they would and my wishes are based on that belief.)

Would you want my wishes respected yet? How many variations on the same question do you need me to answer before you'll give me a final answer on this?

Still wondering,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Yes, you have me.
And, I asked you not "variations", but "degrees" of the same question.
--

And what are we doing when the two most powerful nations on earth -- America and Israel -- stomp on the elementary rights of human beings?

-- letter to the editor from W. Ostermeier, Liechtenstein

New Don't worry Ben, I'll kill you

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Appreciated. But only if it is time. :-)
Carrying out my wishes prematurely would be against my wishes. While I still have wishes, of course.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New My mother was just a *little* too enthusiastic
I asked her about this on the phone a couple of days ago. Said, "I just want to make sure if Jenn ever decides it's time to pull the plug you won't fight with her over it." Mom said, "She'd have to beat me to it."

Uhh ... thanks?
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New :-)
New Did you forget her birthday or something? :)
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken

Support our troops, Impeach Bush.
D. D. Richards
     "Alternative" medicine - (dmcarls) - (32)
         Worker's rights not to do work? - (Arkadiy) - (31)
             It's the flipside of soviet statism - (jake123) - (29)
                 Tank you - (Arkadiy) - (28)
                     History is replete:) - (jake123) - (27)
                         You're diverging off-topic - (Arkadiy) - (26)
                             What miscarriage of justice? -NT - (jake123) - (25)
                                 Somebody who should be alive is dying. - (Arkadiy) - (24)
                                     Hm. - (jake123) - (23)
                                         It's my personla opinion that she still lives - (Arkadiy) - (22)
                                             Neither your opinion nor mine counts in this case - (jake123)
                                             Question - (ben_tilly) - (20)
                                                 If you show the least glimmer of reaction - (Arkadiy) - (17)
                                                     Careful with your definitiion of reaction.. - (hnick)
                                                     I'll be more specific - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                                                         Dunno about him. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                             The statement of good mental health might be a problem... - (ben_tilly)
                                                         I have one last question for you - (Arkadiy) - (12)
                                                             The problem is that we can keep bodies alive indefinitely. - (Another Scott)
                                                             The answer is, "Yes" - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                 Yes, you have me. - (Arkadiy)
                                                                 Don't worry Ben, I'll kill you -NT - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                                                     Appreciated. But only if it is time. :-) - (ben_tilly)
                                                                     My mother was just a *little* too enthusiastic - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                         :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                         Did you forget her birthday or something? :) -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                             I'm a bit more extreme - (broomberg) - (3)
                                                                 it all boils down to - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     .. to be or not to be?___to coin a phrase - (Ashton)
                                                                 Pretty much with you on that one - (drewk)
                                                 the important part is why should Ark have any input at all? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     I should not. Ben was testing what it would take to have - (Arkadiy)
             We have to right to pretend to work. - (mmoffitt)

It's Howdy Doody Time!
111 ms