IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And another question, this time shell
How can I get the exit code of pipeline to be the AND of exit codes of all its elements? Is there an elegant solution? IOW, I want the exit code handling as in (foo && bar), and stdin/stdout handling as in (foo | bar).
--

And what are we doing when the two most powerful nations on earth -- America and Israel -- stomp on the elementary rights of human beings?

-- letter to the editor from W. Ostermeier, Liechtenstein

New I'd have to write a program...
to launch all of the processes with the pipeline hooked up correctly. Then collect the exit codes and process them.

It would probably be easier for me to just work in Perl from the start. I can usually figure this kind of IPC issue out, but it is always harder than I think it will be.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New man bash
\n   PIPESTATUS\n              An  array  variable  (see Arrays below) \n              containing a list of exit status values \n              from the processes in the most-recently-executed \n              foreground pipeline (which may contain only a single \n              command).\n

And another question, this time shell - (Arkadiy) - (2)
         I'd have to write a program... - (ben_tilly)
         man bash - (broomberg)

What was that "kneejerk" emoticon again?
39 ms