IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, there go the dall sheep!
Just kidding, Box.

From NY Times [link|#|Senate approves drilling in ANWR]:
The Senate endorsed oil-drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge today, giving President Bush and others who favor exploration of the Alaska wilderness a major victory.

The 51-to-49 vote was in favor of a budget resolution that assumes revenues of some $5 billion from drilling fees over the next decade, with the federal government and the state of Alaska to split the money.

While this afternoon's vote is not the final word on the issue, it nevertheless made drilling in the wilds of Alaska - an idea favored by the oil industry for decades and fiercely opposed by environmental groups - far more likely than before.

For drilling to take place, the Senate will later have to pass a measure explicitly authorizing the opening of the wildlife refuge to drilling, something that until now has been prohibited. Then the House of Representatives would have to explicitly authorize drilling as well.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New dall sheep will buy condos with a view of the pipelines
after all its well known their keen eyesight can spot a truck at 800 miles :-)
thanx,
bill
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Thank God.
Now we can get another 30 tanks of gas for our SUV's.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New I hear it's more like 6 months worth for US.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New cmon even the enviroweinies admit a 1year supply of oil
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Pre SUV world maybe

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:42:32 PM EDT
New I don't think you've seen far enough...
Both taking the oil out *and* any attendant ecospoilage will work to bring us (a little) closer to the more valuable goal of making Alaska less attractive to the Chinese come 20 or so years.

Giovanni
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
New Ah!________a Visionary
     Well, there go the dall sheep! - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
         dall sheep will buy condos with a view of the pipelines - (boxley)
         Thank God. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             I hear it's more like 6 months worth for US. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 cmon even the enviroweinies admit a 1year supply of oil -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Pre SUV world maybe -NT - (tuberculosis)
         I don't think you've seen far enough... - (GBert) - (1)
             Ah!________a Visionary -NT - (Ashton)

The LRPD wots of things you wot not of.
64 ms