IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Neato. Hope you'll be able to feed the LRPD monster.
I've been tempted to try to put OSX on this Motorola StarMax, but a few months ago there wasn't the necessary shim to get the Sonnet G3 upgrade card to work with it. I'll have to look into that again.

I hope your iMac treats you well. Best of luck with the job search!

And please help feed our LRPD monster when you can. I've missed your posts. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New mount gay rum key limes and lrpd :)
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Same position, sort of...
at home. Still running a Starmax 604E 160 with a 233 Sonnet. Haven't tried to upgrade it yet. I have a G4 at work, and man, OSX.1 is definately worth the look. I have been using it (OS X) since early this year (including beta) and it's become my primary machine in the office (I also have a Sparc 1000, RH 7.2 Intel box, Win 2k and Win XP...) I haven't been this excited about an OS since I first installed Debian some years back... What can I say? I've always been kinda partial to Macs, but I'm not a paid shill.

Let me know if you take the plunge on your Motorola, 'cause I'm just about ready to try on my home machine.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday..."

P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
New Sonnett says no go on my machine, yet.
Though they say they plan on supporting it.

I've got a 300 MHz [link|http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_l2.html|Crescendo L2] in the home box. It was a very nice $300 upgrade and works fine under OS 8.6. Faster and cheaper versions are available now. But they don't yet have OSX support for it.

:-(

Realistically, I'll probably end up getting a G4 or G5 machine before I have time to try OSX on the StarMax, even if the support was available tomorrow.... (Who's been stealing all my free time?!?!)

Cheers,
Scott.
New been running OSX since friday the only problem
being screamer and threatening to kill kids who logged in and disappeared the appleworks 6. ound it in the games folder hours later. Need to unfriendly parts of this.
thanx,
bill
New Does OSX have a "Find"?
I can rarely find things on this Mac (it's really my wife's).

But, in Finder, File -> Find... works very nicely. I'd think there's something like that under OSX.

Need to unfriendly parts of this. :-) Made me laugh.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Sherlock, or the command line
Sherlock has a file find function, with similar functionality to the Windoze one.

Or, bring up a command line and do a find . | grep whatever
(Plenty of ways to write a find statement, but that one's gooe enough for me)

On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New too pissed to think straight
and couldnt remember the folder name. Will try to see how 744 works on linked bins like appleworks.
thanx,
bill
New Ummm... Clarification please...
You write;
"...the only problem being screamer and threatening to kill kids..." As "screamer", I'm wondering what you mean?

As was mentioned earlier, if you go to Edit/Find from the desktop, you'll be able to find just about anything (including your Unix files - even the ones that don't show on the default desktop) as well as dropping out to the terminal and doing the old fashioned grepping...

It took me about 5 days of solid use before I "got" the intuition to OSX, but now I find it very nice to live with. YMMV.

Drop me a line if you got specific questions or go down to that wunnerful Mac Forum down the first IWETHEY page.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday..."

P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
New screamer, verb consisting of loud reaming :)
     OSX rocks compared to xPee - (boxley) - (10)
         Neato. Hope you'll be able to feed the LRPD monster. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             mount gay rum key limes and lrpd :) -NT - (boxley)
             Same position, sort of... - (screamer) - (7)
                 Sonnett says no go on my machine, yet. - (Another Scott)
                 been running OSX since friday the only problem - (boxley) - (5)
                     Does OSX have a "Find"? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Sherlock, or the command line - (Meerkat) - (1)
                             too pissed to think straight - (boxley)
                     Ummm... Clarification please... - (screamer) - (1)
                         screamer, verb consisting of loud reaming :) -NT - (boxley)

It was a good party...
93 ms