IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IBM buys Ascential Software (and therefore Datastage)
Probably not a big deal to most folk, but since I do Datastage as part of my day job, it kind of matters to me. DataStage is a proper ETL tool, the kind of thing DTS might one day try and aspire to.

[link|http://www.ascential.com/news/ibm.html|Ascential Software acquired by IBM]. What does it mean? Maybe the Linux port of DataStage will come along faster now. Either that, or soon it will only run on AIX, and only talk to DB2 and RedBrick :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Thanks for the link.
We're just now eval'ing DataStage. Long story, but that'll be the topic of discussion at my shop tomorrow big time.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New It matters to me for different reason.
I'm an ASCL stockholder (from Informix days) and the pop in the stock price is welcome.

Unfortunately, it only reduces the loss from the time of the original purchase. :)
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New On second thought.
I wonder if IBM will do for Ascential what it has done for Lotus and OS/2.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New Lotus. Lotus? Didn't they have a spreadsheet or something?

[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Expand Edited by jbrabeck March 15, 2005, 09:09:48 AM EST
     IBM buys Ascential Software (and therefore Datastage) - (Meerkat) - (4)
         Thanks for the link. - (mmoffitt)
         It matters to me for different reason. - (a6l6e6x)
         On second thought. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Lotus. Lotus? Didn't they have a spreadsheet or something? - (jbrabeck)

So we're in the Temple of Mitra now?
42 ms