IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just so you know, Ash.
If I seem harsh towards you sometimes, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy your posts, or that don't like you personally. Indeed, I'm looking forward to meeting you IRL; you have got to get to Beep's bash someday!
[link|http://forfree.sytes.net|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Re: Just so you know, Ash.
{sniff} Never a doubt that when we meet on the barricades - we're almost sure to be on the same side (whatever it will be calling itself). Thanks for kind words.

Somehow.. have to combine a swing to NC (Asheville) and Bedlam in Beepsville, despite the presence of shadowy figures in camo if one wanted to aviate. Working on improving my transport imagination.

In the words of Mr. Micawber, something will turn up
New ashville is 3 hrs by road to the southern chapter of iwethey
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Pity about Bill Stanley's.
Used to be a favorite haunt of mine in Asheville. I think Mark Pruett (banjo picker who once played with James Monroe) owned it for a while and called it "Smokey Mountain Barbecue" or something like that - he was 1/2 owner when it was Bill Stanley's.

Having been a huge bluegrass fan in my youth, that was a great place for good food, suds and exceptional bluegrass music. Even had the Stoney Mountain Cloggers come and instruct, no less, on Saturdays at that place back in the 80's.

It's in the bottom of the old courthouse if it's still there. Of course, there was Jerrod's as well (a good jazz joint I think is also gone now. Got a reputation as a gay haunt and that about killed it - plenty of homophobes in the south).

Dad's place is in Old Fort, across from Moffitt Hill, about 20 miles east of Asheville. Still got quite a few family members all around the mountains in those parts. I always loved Asheville. Of course, once that damned I-240 blasted through the mountains it lost some of the charm it had when the only way in was Tunnel Road.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New It's hard to get to Asheville w/o going through Charlotte.
If you fly that is.

Asheville is only a couple hours of so by car from Charlotte. Don't you dare wizz by here w/o having some time for the locals.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Dupe.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x March 11, 2005, 05:17:41 PM EST
     Just so you know, Ash. - (imric) - (5)
         Re: Just so you know, Ash. - (Ashton) - (4)
             ashville is 3 hrs by road to the southern chapter of iwethey -NT - (boxley)
             Pity about Bill Stanley's. - (mmoffitt)
             It's hard to get to Asheville w/o going through Charlotte. - (a6l6e6x)
             Dupe. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Dang a lang, dang a lang.
146 ms