IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You must feel like you're in an inverted zoo all the time

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Collapse Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:12:34 AM EDT
You must feel like you're in an inverted zoo all the time

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New All that did was remind me of...
the fruit in the "Sledgehammer" video by Peter Gabriel.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

[link|http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=134485&cid=11233230|"Microsoft Security" is an even better oxymoron than "Military Intelligence"]
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
New Hey, what's up Todd?
Haven't seen you about in quite a while....
New I don't think his stupid editing bot will answer you.
New Yeah, something seems to be up. Hope he's OK.
New he is... back to his normal thoughtfulness
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New And, of course -- this warm welcome will be encouraging

Not.
New And how could that have been helped? Are you saying we...
...should have shouted joyful hallelujahs at his vandalism?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Nah - just hadn't read enough foribuses yet
to see the extent / why all the Unpleasantness at the Belonna Club.

After further perusal I had this take: since he realizes ever so more precisely than I, the possible clean-up drill (had the s/ware been rendered less idiot-proof, say? - by a lesser Admin) - this seems an action of someone spooked, by whatever. Annoying - apparently.

Malicious? never entered my pretty little head. Surely there is no simmering techno-marlowe at work here. Or a sort who might drop in with a passel of made-up names from some B-grade space opera.
(Though there certainly are a lot of cryptic unused handles stuffing our login ballot box. Guess someone wants to see '1000' - just to see 1000?)

Could circumstances have forced him to work, for a number of weeks -- in a city-block sized room full of Windows Server 2xxx-WTF, and AD? (I read through that manual once, peeped 'AD' and.. I'd eat ground glass before ..) Or some other IT-water-boarding equivalent?

Perhaps he'll explain, if not sent to Coventry first (?) Hope so.

I guess I'm more tolerant of aberrant behaviour, now; there's more of it around.
Could hardly be surprising, here in the Fatherland. We must desensitize selves, save the energy / consider the Milieu: our naive national experiment in laissez-faire, letting delinquents act out all their repressed Power fantasies for all these years: WTF would you expect?

(And the full measure of keening, gnashing of teeth.. hasn't even been glimpsed, yet - wait'll we-all see what it's like here - in 2008.)

Carrion.

New What's a foribus?
New Latin: Imperfect Future Subjunctive for "forum"
New A bus w/ full time 4-wheel drive?
Made by the Largest Auto Manufacturer In The World, no doubt.
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
     turnips - (davesteapot) - (28)
         Baked, slowly. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             raw dipped in seal oil -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 with sweetbread and tofu cheese -NT - (Another Scott)
             Or boiled and mashed, like potatoes. -NT - (CRConrad)
         ... are the ones that get the girls. -NT - (admin)
         I like them, too. - (bionerd) - (22)
             They make me want to puke! - (bepatient) - (1)
                 ;-D -NT - (bionerd)
             Excuse me whilst I projectile Vomit. - (folkert) - (19)
                 It is a silly place. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                     Jung would have wanted it this way. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                         You must feel like you're in an inverted zoo all the time -NT - (tuberculosis) - (11)
                             All that did was remind me of... - (folkert)
                             Hey, what's up Todd? - (jake123) - (9)
                                 I don't think his stupid editing bot will answer you. -NT - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                     Yeah, something seems to be up. Hope he's OK. -NT - (jake123) - (7)
                                         he is... back to his normal thoughtfulness -NT - (folkert) - (6)
                                             And, of course -- this warm welcome will be encouraging -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                 And how could that have been helped? Are you saying we... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                     Nah - just hadn't read enough foribuses yet - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                         What's a foribus? -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                                                             Latin: Imperfect Future Subjunctive for "forum" -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             A bus w/ full time 4-wheel drive? - (jb4)
                     I prefer "quirky place" - (Nightowl) - (4)
                         The LRPD I was quoting said silly. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             Will the real LRPD please stand up? -NT - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                 We're not surrounded, we're in a target-rich environment! -NT - (inthane-chan)
                             Ah, sorry - (Nightowl)

I'm a Mog! Half man, half dog -- I'm my own best friend!
88 ms